I sighed before walking over to her and taking her petite frame in my arms and brought her over to the bed. She snuggled in as I brought the duvet up to her chin and I couldn't help but brush her hair back and kiss her on her forehead as I stared down at her. She was so beautiful.

I must've been staring at her for longer than I thought because before long Xavier had mind linked me telling me that he was outside.

I sighed at the thought of leaving her as I kissed her on her forehead again before forcing myself to leave my room and head downstairs, quickly making my way over to the front door to let my Beta in.

"Sup man, haven't heard from you all day" Xavier said, slapping me on the back as he walked through the threshold.

"Yeah well I've been a little busy" I replied, a little on the defensive side.

"Hey I get it, if she was my mate and I found her in the same condition your mate was in I'd be acting the same way. How is she by the way?" He asked as he took a seat on the sofa in the living room.

My eyes were instantly drawn down to the half-finished and now probably cold cups of hot chocolate that were still sitting on the coffee table, my mind wandering back to the conversation we'd had earlier. "She's not good man, but she's getting there" I nodded.

I ran my hand through my hair at how useless I felt and rested my head on the back of the sofa. "She doesn't know anything about wolves Xavier, her so called Alpha ordered her never to shift when she was a child so she has no idea about anything. She can't even feel the full effects of our mate bond".

"I'm sorry Jax, if there's anything you need me to do just let me know alright?" Xavier said as I looked at him and nodded my head in thanks.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about then?" I asked, if I was being honest I just wanted to get this meeting over with so that I could get back to my sleeping mate. This was the second time I had left her asleep in just one night and I was anxious to get back to her.

"It's actually about Annabelle" Xavier said as he ran a hand through his hair. He immediately had my attention and I looked at him expectantly.

"I got Henry to follow her scent as far as he could, all the way to the edge of another packs territory. I don't know whether that's where she came from or whether she was just passing through but I thought I'd let you know and keep you in the loop. I want to find out who hurt our Luna as much as you do".

My fists clenched at the recent information, hoping that it was something I could use as a just reason to storm their pack and take my revenge for what they did to my Annabelle. "Which pack was it?"

"That's the thing, it's a pack that doesn't really have the best reputation in the world. Just... just don't lose it when you find out okay?" He asked, obviously a little nervous.

I rolled my eyes and clenched my jaw "just spit it out Xavier".

"Her scent lead from the... Rising Dawn pack" he muttered and I instantly felt my blood run cold.

The Rising Dawn pack were known throughout the area as the lowest of the lows. Their Alpha loved to play dirty and would do anything to get his way. He rules his pack with an iron fist, but no one has managed to get enough proof to get the Elders to investigate. The weird thing was, this pack used to be an ally of ours, we helped each other out like for like, but out of nowhere the Alpha and Luna resigned their title and gave it to their current Alpha. My dad, the Alpha at the time, had always found it suspicious that his friends would just up and leave their pack, but he could never get close enough to the new Alpha to find out what had happened without starting a pack war.