Chapter Thirty Two

Annabelle's POV

I had no idea how much time had passed since the stranger had given me the ultimatum. We were both starving by now and were in desperate need of a glass of water, but we unfortunately hadn't been offered any, not that I was surprised. At the rate we were detreating I wasn't sure how much longer we would survive in this place. Not only were we suffering from starvation and dehydration we were also having to deal with our injuries and the silver cuffs. Our wolves were working overtime to try and heal us as much as they could, but to do that they needed sustenance and they'd used that up long ago.

Xavier has tried to be as supportive and positive as he could, but I could tell he was also struggling, not only with the lack of food and water but also with his injuries. That last beating he took was a pretty harsh one and with the silver going into his system he wasn't healing properly.

I couldn't wait for Jax for much longer, if I wanted to save everyone I had to do what the scent double said, but how could I say the words that would forever rip me from Jax?

"Oh little Annabelle" I heard someone sing from the other side of the door and I immediately tensed up, knowing who it was and what they were here for.

The door suddenly swung open after it had been unlocked, hitting the wall with a thud as crumbs of brick fell to the floor at the impact. I shrunk back as the fluorescent light came flooding into our nearly pitch black cell, burning my eyes.

"It's time to make your decision little Annabelle" the scent double smirked as he came and crouched in front of me. "What's it to be, death for everyone you know and love or sever your ties with your precious little mate and save everyone?"

I stuttered as I looked up into his eyes. They were pure black with a ring of red around the pupil and they terrified me to my very core, I've never seen eyes like them.

"I-I Umm..." was all I could manage to get out as I sat frozen in my spot on the cold wet ground.

The man before me sighed before dropping his head slightly in exasperation. "Sebastian!" He suddenly shouted, making me jump out of my skin at the invasion of the silence I had grown so accustom to. "Guard the door" he demanded towards the bulky man that now stood behind him "me and little Annie here are going to go on a little field trip" he smirked.

I frowned, confused by his words. Where the hell could we be going?

The scent double pulled a pair of what looked like heavy duty gloves out of his pocket and slipped them over his hands as he reached over to the wall above me, pulling the chains that were connected to me out of the wall. Dust and debris flew everywhere and I covered my face with my arms as a little squeak escaped my lips.

Without warning he pulled me to my feet by the chains and started dragging me towards the door and past Sebastian. I took one last look behind me at a now passed-out Xavier before turning back and looking where I was going.

"Where are we going" I whispered, afraid to make noise in the almost silent stone corridor, my voice echoing as we continued to wherever we were heading to".

The scent double chuckled but didn't answer me as he continued to drag me down the hallway. I sighed when I realised he wasn't going to answer and just focused on trying to not trip up on my own feet instead as I tried to keep up with him.

"What's your name by the way?" I asked, if I was going to be killed by him I at least wanted to know his name. That way on my head stone it wouldn't have to read 'death by scent double'.

The scent double chuckled again but this time did answer me with a simple "Matthew".

Hu, so the scent doubles name was Matthew, well at least now I didn't have to keep calling him the scent double anymore.