Spies. The word holds weight, and I feel guilt settle in my gut. Kade doesn't know what I carry, and how dangerous it will be if we are caught blatantly lying.

"If you think I'm buying that then you must be stupid." The man scoffs bitterly. "You're here for a reason, and if you think we are going to release you without getting answers first, you are most definitely wrong."

So they are already on to us.

Wonderful.

I share a concerned look with Kade, not ready for what I think is coming next.

"Now, who wants to go first?"

Interrogation.

The air is silent except for the indistinguishable conversations coming from the outside.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"None of your business."

"And why not?" Kade comes to my defense.

"Because," he grins, his long nose casting a shadow over his thin and miserable face. "You two won't be getting out of here anytime soon."

A bead of sweat trails down my neck, but I try to hide thee nervousness on my face. The man examines me for a second and says, "How old are you?"

It's a strange question, and makes me feel queasy inside. Can he see the fear on my face? I never thought of myself as conceited, but from the encounter I had on the day I first met Camillo and Kade, I have been very cautious about the way I look.

These men do not know that I am an outcast, a volatile bottle of energy trapped inside a small body. They don't stay away like everyone in Woodson does, even if I am considered pretty.

When a man sees fear on a girl's face, they take advantage.

"None of your business." I mock, throwing the words back at him.

It's a risk, but one I'm willing to take if it wards him off. It seems that I'm doing a lot of that lately.

But instead of acting surprised, the Other soldier just leans down towards my face, and whispers in my ear. I snap my teeth at him before he can get too close.

Not again not again not again -

"Misbehaving now, are we?" He tsks."Well, congratulations! You just won yourself a spot for being questioned first. We'll have lots of fun, won't we?"

What a dick.

Wanting to scream or kick him but unable to from the rope, I clench my fists tightly so that they're straining against their ties. I glare at the man as he yanks me to stand up by my shoulder. He then cuts off the bindings on my feet.

"Kick me and you'll pay, I promise you. Now move."

His grip on my arm is iron tight, and he walks directly behind me while I go outside. Kade looks pained, but he can't save me now.

I will be questioned first, and I must decide how much I want to tell them.

Instinctively, I take in all that I can about my surroundings for the brief path I take to what I assume is the interrogation tent. I want to run, but there's too many people walking around. The prying eyes burn my skin, and some Other soldiers in signature navy uniforms even whistle as I go past them.