Nyctophilia - Trent Alexander-Arnold

Nyctophilia
(n.) love of darkness or night, finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness

Kirana loves darkness of the night gave. She found it incredibly peace and comfort in the dark and quiet night. She could sit for hours in the dark rooftop of her apartment building beneath the starry sky however the weather could be so cold sometimes.

Like what she did right now, she was standing behind the barrier walls, close her eyes when the wind blows across her face. Her lips curled up as if the cold wind is just a summer breeze she felt at the beach.

She likes to see the city light with all noises and crowds below while she was above here like a watcher behind the shadow. They all look so small and look so far away from the place she stood.

Her second favorite thing about night is also when she looked above the starry sky, the sky felt so close to her as if she could just reach the stars with her bare hands.

"I thought you'd be here." A voice from someone behind make her looks around and found her boyfriend also next door neighbor, Trent Arnold was stood a couple meters from her.

"You're home already? How was the movie?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's good enough, ouch..." he groaned when he accidentally hit one of flower pots on the rooftop and almost felt over. He could also hear the crack of the pots, he must change the pots tomorrow or the landlord of this building will not be happy about this.

"Be careful, Trent." Kirana paced closer to him and leads him to walks carefully to not step or tripped another flower pots again.

Their landlord have built a little garden on the rooftop of this building and generously let everyone who lived in the building to enjoy the garden with one condition only, do not mess with the plants and every decoration at the garden or there will be consequences.

"I don't know why you like darkness so much, while I, your boyfriend often to tripped over his own feet in darkness." He's grumbling.

Kirana chuckles, "maybe because you're lousy."

The night cold wind blow again, Trent folded his arms as he's shivering. "And how can you deal with the wind anyway?"

"Because I stronger than you, duh." Kirana said again and now Trent also laughing. "Shut up and look over there." Kirana stopped whatever Trent is about to saying.

He put his arms around her shoulder and she laid her head on his shoulder as they look at the night panorama of the city. "Wow, I don't know that Liverpool could be this beautiful in the night." He said, enchanted.

Trent knows Kirana likes to be in this rooftop at night, he often to give her company but he will just lay down on the couch next to the forget me not flower pots and stargazing than stood next to the barrier wall and look out to the city.

"Everything is uglier up close." She said.

"Paper Towns, impressive." Trent smiled and nodded as he knows where Kirana quoted those words.

"Which is true sometimes," she insisted.

"And do you remember at the part of that movie? When Quentin and Margo also stood in the darkness of conference room at Suntrust Building and then they dance." He stood aside and took a glance to Kirana.

Kirana glanced at him and chuckles. "Don't be ridiculous."

"I'm not." he stretched his hand. "Can I have this dance?"

She laughed, "we don't even have a music to dance."

"I guess we not even need one, we can just moving right and left."

Eventually, she accepted Trent's hand as they're moving left and right with the night wind as their rhythm. They look into each other eyes before Trent leaned closer to her and kiss her gently.

"Just promise me, tomorrow you won't disappear like what Margo did."

Kirana chuckles, "I don't even think about that." she said as they're still dancing, she lies her head down on his chest. "I'm happy with you, I love you Trent Arnold."

Trent smiled however he knows Kirana couldn't see it right now. "I love you too, Kirana Martin."

---

Trent: *pop out*
Me: your highness *deep bow* 😂