It Was Here To Stay

-Your POV-
You woke up to the sound of your phone buzzing. Groggily, you turned on a light and grabbed your phone and looked at the screen. Someone was calling you. Reluctantly, you pressed the answer button.

"Hello?" you murmured.

"Is this (Y/N)?" the voice on the phone asked, and you immediately recognized that it was Toriel.

You perked up, excited. "Yes! It's me. How are you?" you asked.

"I'm doing just fine," she chuckled. "Anyways, I was thinking that maybe you'd like to come over to my place? To see Flowey, of course. Frisk is here too, and they're curious about you," Toriel offered.

"Of course, that would be great! What time?" you asked, feeling your heart flutter just at the mention of Flowey.

Toriel answered, "Whenever you're available. I don't want to rush you. I know you just got back to the surface, dear. It must have been exhausting."

"Maybe we could invite some of Frisk's friends too," you said. "I would really like to get to know them. And I'm available pretty much anytime. It's Saturday, and I'm excused from everything so that I can relax."

"Great idea," she replied happily. "Is noon a good time? I'm making some butterscotch-cinnamon pie, and it'll be ready by then. We could have lunch, too."

You nodded, even though you knew she couldn't see that. "That would be great!"

"Do you need me to pick you up?" Toriel asked.

You snorted slightly. "I'm not a nine year old. I'll just walk. It's a beautiful day," you told her, glancing out the window to see the sun shining down upon everything.

"Suit yourself," she replied. "Well, I'll see you then. Goodbye."

"Bye!" you said cheerfully, now fully awake. You were excited to see Flowey, even though you had only been apart for less than twenty-four hours. You stretched lazily in your bed and opened the windows, breathing in the cool, fresh air. You checked the time on your phone. It was 9:30. You usually didn't sleep this late, but you weren't really surprised that you had slept in.

You got up and got dressed, putting on shorts and a T-shirt since it was so nice outside. You tied a jacket around your waist just in case it got chilly. After that you went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and breakfast. After you were finished, it was only 10:00.

You filled up the next hour by answering your friends' texts and chatting a little. It was relaxing. You were glad to be back, and even though you weren't a big fan of school, you were kind of excited to get back. Your family had said good morning to you but hadn't pestered you, which was appreciated.

When it was finally 11:40, you decided you had better get going. Toriel had given you her address and your phone had calculated that it would take about fifteen minutes to get there. You were kind of surprised that you ended up living so close, but pleasantly so.

The weather was nice and you enjoyed the cool breeze. It felt kind of weird to be walking down such familiar streets after being caged up in a hole for a while, but it was nice. You could hear birds chirping, another thing that you had missed.

You almost skipped Toriel's house, having to walk back once you realized the house numbers were higher numbers than that of Toriel's house. Sighing, you turned around and walked back, quickly finding it. It was a cute one story house with a tidy garden. You walked up the door and rang the doorbell.