You Tried as Well

-Your POV-

You woke up feeling a lot better, and it took you a second or two to remember what had happened. After you remembered you calmed down a little. You were starting to get used to being stuck Underground with a weird talking flower, as crazy as that might sound. You swung your legs over the side of the bed and stood up. You were a little shaky from being in bed half the day yesterday, but you didn't collapse or anything.

Maybe we can start heading out of here today. You thought, feeling strangely optimistic given the situation. You opened the door and walked out into the hallway and spotted Flowey in a recliner next to a bookshelf. He had his little flower head drooped over the arm rest, and his eyes were closed. You realized he was sleeping, and you tried not to disturb him as you crept into the kitchen to see if there was anything you could eat for breakfast. You couldn't help yourself from taking a small peek at him in his sleeping form. He looked so innocent.

You tore your gaze away and opened the refrigerator, looking for something edible. After pawing around for a minute you found an apple that was sitting near the back of the icebox. How do they even get apples down here? You thought to yourself, grabbing the apple regardless.

It didn't look quite the same as a surface apple. It was a little more shriveled and felt a little mushy but you ate it nonetheless. It tasted a little different, but not bad. It was probably because there wasn't any sunlight down here. Did monsters, like, grow their crops with artificial light? Who knew, and who cares? You were hungry.

While you sat down on a stool in the kitchen to eat your apple, you must have made a little noise because you heard Flowey yawn slightly as he woke up. I didn't know that flowers slept. Talking ones anyway. You thought as Flowey waddled into the room on the little roots that sprouted out from the base of his stem.

"Hi." He murmured, extending a thorny vine to open the refrigerator. You weren't really watching, but you heard him clumsily feeling around until he pulled out some food. Or whatever was in there. You heard something slam onto the counter and you looked to see that huge cook book rested near the oven with Flowey looming over it, scanning the pages hastily.

You snorted as a sudden random thought came into your mind. "Do you like, eat fertilizer?" You asked. Flowey turned around to look at you and you turned around to look at him.

"I don't have to eat at all." He said. "I'm a flower. I mean, if I need more energy I can eat something with sugar or drink something with caffeine, but it's not necessary that I eat." Flowey informed you rather seriously. He wasn't grave about it but he didn't really say it in a joking manner.

"Okay." You murmured, a little disappointed that he didn't take it as a joke. Even if he was a bit of a jerk, the flower had a good sense of humor.

You continued to eat your apple, and Flowey continued to mess around in the kitchen. At one point you got curious about all the noise and turned around to see him with his back turned to you, apparently cooking a couple different things.

"Wow. I didn't know that you were gonna make a proper breakfast for yourself." You commented, watching as he juggled four or five foods at once.

"I'm not." Flowey answered simply. "I'm making food for the way out of the Underground." He turned around to look at you and paused his cooking. "You are feeling better, right?" He asked.

You nodded. "Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks." You replied.

"Good. We can start heading out this morning." He turned back around and resumed preparing food.

You quietly finished your apple, and when you were done you sat there in silence for a few minutes, watching Flowey cook. He made the food in an organized way, making sure to set timers and check up on each dish every few minutes. You were kind of surprised by his skills; you had never really imagined that he could cook like this.