They Formed a Fire

-Author's Note-
Ayyy we got a new cover! I figured it was time to change it to something with more effort. Yes, I did make it. And I'm not proud to say I made the old crappy one, but I did. I hope you like the new one! Also we reached ten chapters! I'm planning to go to thirty to forty, so I'm proud of making it to ten. The story is about 1/4 of the way done, so stay with me! I might also make a sequel about their lives after this story is over, but we'll have to see. Anyways, I'll stop talking now and get onto the chapter! This is a short one, I am ashamed. Regardless of the length, enjoy!

-Your POV-
You swung your legs back and forth while you sat on the bench and waited for Flowey's return. Boredom that you couldn't fight sat uncomfortably in your stomach, so you took out the slightly damp sketchpad from your bag. You flipped through old drawings that were probably made by Israel or whatever his name was. Was it Israel or Asriel? You shrugged and kept flipping through the pages until you found a blank piece of paper.

You snatched a pen up from your bag and began sketching something lightly. You didn't realize that you were drawing Flowey until you saw his smiling face staring up at you from the damp paper. The ink from the pen smeared a little but it didn't matter.

Might as well finish this... You thought. How much time had it been since Flowey was gone? Half an hour? Forty-five minutes? You sighed and brought the pen back to the paper to continue the drawing. You sketched out his stem and the leaves on either side of it, and added a little sparkle to his eyes. You couldn't help the small smile that you made at the adorable drawing. You decided to add a little shading, drawing shadows to make the drawing look more lifelike. You put the pen down next to you when you were finished.

You sighed. When was he coming back? It was stupid, but you kind of missed him. You picked up the pen again and started to draw a little background, humming quietly.

"Whatcha drawing?" You jumped in surprise and dropped the sketchbook onto the snowy ground. Flowey was at your feet. You blushed a little.

"Um..." You stuttered. Flowey glanced at the sketchpad that you had dropped. It was open to the drawing of him.

Flowey looked surprised when he saw what the sketch was. "You... you were dr-drawing me, weren't cha?" He blushed faintly and stared at the ground, smiling sheepishly. "Thanks I guess."

"I was b-bored." You said quickly. Your teeth still chattered even though you were heating up with embarrassment.

Flowey extended a vine that was wrapped around something and gave you a plastic bag with some cookies inside. "I... I know cookies aren't the most filling thing, but h-here." You opened the bag and took a cookie out. Your stomach growled. Put that damn cookie in your mouth already, it mumbled.

You obeyed your stomach's request and took a bite. It was good. Nothing special, again, but they were good. You wolfed down the rest of the cookie and lost track of how many more you ate. You noticed that Flowey was leaning over the drawing you made.

"D-do you mind that I drew y-you?" You asked nervously. Maybe he was upset.

Flowey shook his head. "Oh, no. Not at all. Just... surprised." He answered, turning to face you. He wore that same sheepish smile.

"O-okay. Good. I guess." You replied, tearing your gaze away from his.

Flowey shifted, looking off to the side. "So... do you wanna keep moving now?" He asked.

You shrugged. "Sure."

"Great." He dipped his little head slightly and brought it back up again. "I put more f-food in your bag." You hadn't even noticed. But sure enough, you looked inside of it to see ziplock bags full of food. "Just don't fall in another damn lake." Flowey chuckled a little, a teasing glint in his eye.

You felt your cheeks heating up with embarrassment. "Hey, you were th-the one that told me to get the snowball in the--"

"Yes, I may h-have been the one to tell you to try to win the game, but you--"

"Let's just st-stop before we end up getting into a fight." You chucked nervously.

Flowey tilted his head to the side. "Probably a g-good idea." He replied. Then he submerged himself in dirt and burst back out through the snow a couple feet away. "Let's go," he called, and you quickly got up from off the bench, zippered up your bag and slung it around your shoulder to follow him.

"By the way...." Flowey murmured, not turning to look at you. "Th-thanks for drawing me, I guess. You're a pretty cool human." He said, then sank quickly into the ground and reappeared farther away.

What did that mean?