Love in a world full of hate

Gleb became stiff as Anya pressed her lips to him. He found himself closing his eyes and starting to kiss back. Something I him wanted her so bad from the moment he saw her in the streets and now she's kissing a Bolshevik. Gleb wraps his arms around her small frame and brings one of his hands up to cup her cheek.
Anya was in a state of bliss. She didn't know exactly why she kissed him but it felt like something inside of her was begging to be with him. No one has ever been as kind to Anya as Gleb. He protected her and kept her safe but still made her feel things she has never felt before. Anya brought her hands up to his dark hair and started playing with the longer strands.
When they both heard a knock at the door they pulled away quickly and stepped away from each other. Gleb kept his eyes on Anya as she looked at the ground in embarrassment.
"Yes?"
"General Vaganov you have a speech for the people of Leningrad in fifteen minutes sir."
"Thank you Comrade."
Gleb walked closer to Anya who still had her head down. He gently put his hand on her cheek and tilted her head up. She looked at him but then he leaned in and kissed her. Anya almost immediately kissed back. This kiss was shorter than the last knowing that he will have to leave soon. Gleb pulled away and held Anya in his arms.
"Will you come with me? I want you to be with me when I address Leningrad."
"Why the last time you did it I wasn't there."
"Yes you were. You were standing in that crowd of thousands."
Anya blushed remembering him looking at her in that day.
"Let's get going I would hate to be late."
Anya grabbed her and Gleb's jacket and they both headed out of Bolshevik headquarters.