Warmth

Anya stepped into Gleb's home shaking due to the cold of the weather and the events of the day.
"Let me go get you some tea."
Gleb set down his things then rushed to the kitchen. Anya set down the one thing she had. A bag with memories of the orphanage and clothes. She walked to the living room and sat in front of the fire. She felt the warm air relax her tense and sore muscles. Gleb walked in behind her with two cups of warm tea. He set them down on the side table then took off his jacket. Seeing that she was still shivering he placed the big and heavy jacket around her shoulders.
"Thank you Gleb."
She breathed in the smell of his jacket. I it made her feel welcomed. Gleb handed her a cup of tea and she sipped it still looking at the roaring fire. Gleb sat next to her and looked at her face curiously. She had the most beautiful face. Her hair was golden and her eyes were the color of the Neva. Anya was a strong Russian woman just like his mother. When his mother passed away half of his sole died. She was so kind and thoughtful.
Anya turned and looked into his dark brown eyes. He was a sweet gentle man but he could be brave and stern when he needed to be. His build body showed he had gone through hell.
Anya loved that he always did his job but still found time to be kind. Anya scooted closer to Gleb. She put her head in the crook of his neck and closed her eyes enjoying the warmth of the fire and the kindness of Gleb. Gleb wrapped his arm around her shoulders. They both sat there for what felt like forever enjoying each others company. Anya looked up at Gleb's sweet eyes again.
"Gleb thank you so much for everything you have done."
"It was nothing."
"How could I repay you."
"No thanks is needed. I think it's time for you to get to bed. Let me show you to your room."
Gleb got up then took Anya's hand and helped her up. She picked up her suit case then followed Gleb up stairs to his room. He opened the door and Anya stepped in.
"I will leave you here to get changed. Let me know if you need anything."
"Thank you Gleb."
Gleb grabbed some of his clothes then walked out of the room.
Anya changed in to one of her nightgowns. She packed the rest of her things away and set her suit case under the bed. She brushed her hair then heard Gleb knock on the door.
"You can come in."
He opened the door and stepped in.
Anya got up and went to the bed.
"Goodnight Anya."
"Goodnight Gleb."