Gleb Vaganov

Gleb's POV
It was a cold December day in Leningrad. I woke just before the sun peeked over the horizon. I had to force myself out of my warm and comfortable bed to get ready for the day ahead. I got dressed in my normal everyday uniform then fixed my hair. I grabbed my gloves off of the counter and my hat. Without them I will most likely freeze to death in this weather. I headed out of my home and started walking to Bolshevik headquarters. As I check the time it says 5:45 my patrol starts at 6 so I should have enough time to get there check in then be on my way to my post. As I arrive I quickly check in then head towards the door to leave, by then something stops me. I see 'Con Men wanted' on a poster near the front of the building. Great just another thing I need, dealing with con men trying to escape Russia.
I head out the door to my post in the middle of Leningrad. People have just started their day. Some women are heading to factories and other men are heading to the office buildings to work. Children are gathering their things for school and the street sweepers have just started their shift. One sweeper sweeps here everyday. She is about 5'4 with blond hair and the most beautiful blue eyes. She truly is a strong Russian woman.
"Good morning Comrade Vaganov." She says sheepishly.
"Good morning Comrade. And please call me Gleb we're all friends here."
"I'm sorry. Good morning Gleb. You can call me Anya if you wish Comrade."
She said with a slight smile. Her smile could light up the entire earth.
"Anya. What a beautiful name."
"O Thank you."
I smiled at her. I could tell she was blushing a little.
Then I heard the sound of a truck backfiring.
"NO!" She screamed dripping her broom and falling to the ground. She hid her face.
"It was a truck backfiring Comrade that's all it was, those days are over neighbor against neighbor. There's nothing to be afraid of anymore. Your shaking theirs a tea shop just steps from here let me.."
"Thank you."
"What's your hurry?"
"I can't lose this job there not easy to come bye."
"I understand. I'm here everyday. Anytime you need help or just a friend i can always help."
"Thank you Comrade."
She said with a smile back on her beautiful face. She stepped away and started working again. Anya what a lovely name.