Chapter 1 (The Introduction)

Start from the beginning

Karri ignored Anakin's whining. "We can relay a signal through the cruiser that had dropped us off."

"It's better than nothing." Master Kenobi nodded to us. "All right. Let's try it."

***

The four of us went to a transmission table and waited for the cruiser that had brought Karri and me, back to respond. We all waited in silence, exchanging different expressions at each other which had become very awkward... Suddenly a hologram of Master Yoda appeared.

"Master Kenobi, glad that Karri and Lina found you I am."

"Master Yoda, we are trapped here and vastly outnumbered. We are in no position to go anywhere or do anything. Our support ships has all been destroyed."

"Send reinforcements to you, we will." Suddenly the hologram began to twitch as it lost transmission to the Jedi temple.

"Master Yoda! Master Yoda!" Obi-wan cried out before the hologram of Master Yoda disappeared.

"I guess we'll have to hold out a little longer." Anakin then looked at me. "And also... sort this Padawan situation!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Ani, we just sorted it out already. I am your Padawan and Karri is assigned to Master Kenobi as his Padawan."

"B-But I didn't request one!" Anakin hissed at Master Kenobi.

"Well... Maybe my request had an error and requested two Padawans... Which resulted, you having to be assigned to one."

"T-This still doesn't make sense!" Anakin continued to whine.

"Enough, Anakin. We'll sort this out later. It won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons." Master Kenobi said.

Anakin sighed as he turned away from us, "I'll check on Rex at the lookout post..."

"You'd better take her with you." Master Kenobi suggested which caused Anakin to stop at his tracks.

Anakin sighed deeply once again and slightly turned to me. "C'mon, Lina... Let's go."

I smiled as I tagged along with Anakin, being right by his side. "Well, master. You've always said that you wanted to keep your eye on me at all times. And now your wish has been granted!"

"Great..." Anakin mumbled.

~~Karri P.O.V~~

I slightly chuckled. "They're going to get along pretty well, Master Kenobi."

Master Kenobi smiled at me, "Yes, indeed." Just then, a Clone Commander walked up to Master Kenobi with his helmet by his side.

"Master Kenobi. The guns are all set and charged. The wounded has been cleared and recovering."

"Good job, Cody."

"Cody?" I questioned the Clone Commander's name.

I looked at the Clone Commander Cody and saw his eyes stared back at me with bewilderment. "Sir, who is she?"

"Ahh, Cody. This is my new Padwan that will be coming on missions and fighting alongside us for quite a while. Introduce yourself to Commander Cody, Karri."

I nodded to Master Kenobi and bowed to Commander Cody. "My name is Karri Shan. I am a Padawan learner and it is beyond belief to be fighting alongside with a Clone Commander with such a reputation."

"Reputation?" Commander Cody's expression was filled with more bewilderment.

"Yes. Your reputation with Master Kenobi. I have done research and read a lot about the 212th. I had prepared myself to know my Master's second in command before coming here. I wouldn't want to be presenting myself in front of my Master and his Commander without knowing how great they are."