Chapter Nineteen: My Inhibition to be Silent

Thank you @20lauren03 for the cool cover!

My Inhibition To Be Silent

Blake

"We could have just left the body and called Lana's dad, but no, you decided to touch him to check if he's dead. I think having his eyes open, being sat there for more than twenty-four hours, and dry blood proves that he's f*cking dead!"

I was able to recognize the voice as Nick because of the multiple times he scolded Liam or Aidan for being stupid. However, this conversation they had seemed dark and as it continued the questions that I've asked myself and them, began to have an explanation.

"What pictures will you be taking?" I snapped out of my senses when I heard Lana's voice. I didn't want to look at her because even the thought that she might be involved in this frightened me.

"Anything that gives us a clue about Jack August," Liam mumbled, and I was about to look at him, but I noticed Keene's expression. He must've realized what the vinyl was about because his nostrils flared like a bull.

"Get out," Lana whispered as I heard her crutches behind Keene. No one moved, and before the record player continued, Lana's eyes darted at each of us as she yelled, GET OUT!"

"No, what the hell was that about?" Levi demanded as Lana slowly shook her head.

"I don't have to answer to you because none of you had no right to be in my room so, get the f*ck out!" she screamed, and it wasn't out of anger but fear. Her breaths quickened as her grip tightened on the crutches, but she trembled.

"You heard her get out!" Benny exclaimed as he stepped in front of Levi who scoffed.

"No f*cking way, not until we get some answers." Levi hissed as he shoved his index finger against Benny's chest.

"We were just...we panicked." Nick's voice came from the record player to which we all turned to it. "We're teenagers, the worst thing we wanted was to get into trouble."

"Levi, please just go," Lana begged as Liam rushed toward the record player and turned it off. I turned to Lana, and as much as I wanted to go because I knew she'd break any moment, my feet wouldn't move.

"What the hell was that Lana?" Keene calmly asked as Levi gave up and stormed out of the bedroom followed by Jaden who seemed surprised as Carter who still towered over the record player. "Did James threaten you?"

When he asked that I knew he only thought of something. I hadn't spoken to him yet about what happened to James's money, but I didn't see him receive any phone call. That would've been a reasonable explanation for what we've just heard even though it was some of it and not all...

"Carter, Blake, and Keene...it's the last time I'll ask you all to get out of my room otherwise I'll call my dad or one of the freaking security guards, I don't know just get out, please." Lana's voice cracked, and she gritted her teeth when the tears fell.