-Chapter 24-

Delilah's P.O.V

My aunts funeral was horrible. It was full of people who actually didn't even care about my aunt they just came to show pity which is not what I wanted at all.

The funeral was located at my favorite place to play when I was a kid. It is located in the woods, the sun hits it perfectly and flowers surround the area.

I sit with my best friends, Luke, Ashton, Calum, Lucy, and Michael; one of the boys friends. Luke puts his arm around my back comfortingly.

"Delilah Hermon, it's your turn to make your speech."

I stand up in front of the crowd my flowy black dress blowing in the autumn wind. I stand at the podium adjusting my microphone.

"Nicole was my aunt, and my only family I ever had. I lived with her most my life. Before she um- left us, she had me make a promise with her."

I clear my throat wiping away my visible tears.

"She made me promise her that I would continue to live life to the fullest. She made me promise to her that I would never be alone. And that's a promise I'm going to keep," I say shooting a glance toward Luke. He offers a small smile in reply.

---

The funeral ends, Toby walks up to me from his seat next to his parents.

He pulls me into a hug, "Delilah May I'm so sorry for being a douche bag, it was uncool of me and I know I ruined our friendship but I will always love you as my best friend I was wrong about her."

I smile, "s'okay."

"And I'm sorry for your loss."

I nod my head giving him one last hug showing I need some time as I walk back over to my best friends.

"You okay?" Luke asks rubbing my back.

I nod smiling slightly.

"Do you guys need a ride home?" Ashton asks us as he points to his car that Lucy and Calum are standing at making out.

I throw my hand up to my mouth.

"Oh my god!" I say laughing.

"Get some Calum!" Luke yells at them they pull away Lucy blushing.

"Na, we're good man we are just gonna chill for a while," Luke tells Ashton nodding toward the car.

"Alright, call me if you need anything."

Luke and I are left alone.

"I wanna start fresh. Can we do that?"

He smiles brightly bitting his very attractive lip ring.

"I'm Luke, Luke Hemmings," he says putting his hand out for me to shake.

"And what would your name be beautiful lady??"

I chuckle giving him a quick kiss on the mouth. I couldn't resist.

"I'm Delilah."

He smirks his eyes lighting up.

"Well, hey there Delilah."

---

It's not over yet! Only one more chapter left