-Chapter 6-

Luke's P.O.V

I regretted what I did the second I did it.

She always had this sturdy wall up that blocked all emotions. But when I did that.. The wall burned down. The burned down right before my eyes.

Her fear and betrayal turned into tears.

I knew the second she came into school something was wrong. She was hiding something.

Delilah's P.O.V

I can't stay on this bathroom floor forever. I cautiously stand up and unlock the bathroom stall. To my surprise Lucy walks in just as I do.

"There you are! Toby told me you ran off, are you alright?"

I just sigh and fake a smile, "I'm fine," I respond wiping away my mascara.

"Delilah, no you aren't you can talk to me, you can."

I just shake my head as I finish removing my makeup.

"I am fine," I answer walking out of the bathroom.

I have to survive the rest of the day. I have to, I know if I had it my way I would already be home. Sitting at home pitying myself. I'm stronger than that, tougher than that. So I continue through the crowded halls.

I see Luke. He stands in the crowded hallways. He spots me too. It seems as if the world goes in slow motion. He reaches me grabbing a hold of my fresh cut arm. He sees my cuts, I can tell by the look on his face.

I struggle out of his grip. He shakes his head mouthing 'I'm sorry' I am pushed into a set of lockers from the crowd of people.

Now I'm going home.

~~~~

Once I am parked in my driveway I slowly get out of the car trying to hold my head up high. My aunt lays on the living room couch, she smiles at me which scares me. When does she ever smile?

"Hello Delilah, there's food on the table if you need some," she says pointing to the counter.

She looks like she had been crying.

"Why are you home so early? Bad day eh?" She asks turning down the tv.

"Yes," I answer quietly still surprised at her sudden change of attitude.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I consider the idea, but I know at the end of the day she is still the same person.

So I just shake my head letting tears glide down my reddened cheeks.

She gets off the couch and walks over to me. I flinch a little but she hugs me closely.

"I'm so sorry," she says.

"I wasn't there for you when you needed me, and I hurt you physically and mentally, I can't change the things I have done but I can change how things will be."

We hug each other, for the first time I feel safe.

She let's go and holds my shoulders,"so what happened at school?"

I tell her everything about Luke, Toby, the party. And she listens once in a while nodding her head or making small comments. It feels good to know someone cares, to talk to someone.

But at the end of the day when everyone falls asleep I am still the same person I was before.

I cut.

---

Sorry I haven't updated in a while😬