-Chapter 14-

Luke's P.O.V

"Bye, remember what I told you about Delilah. Just give her time. See you soon. Yeah?" Ashton says getting out of my black ford.

"Yeah." I respond quietly as he slams the door shut and rushes over to his front porch.

He turns off his porch lights and I am left in the darkness.

How can I give her time? The more she's alone the more she hurts herself. I can't even think straight anymore. I need to get away. Away from town. I just need time to think. I don't want my anger to wear thin on her again.

I need to leave.

Delilah's P.O.V

The next morning I wake up with a minor headache and a queasy feeling in my stomach. I rush into the bathroom and empty out the rest of my insides until I'm to the point of vomiting up air.

I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is in snarls so I just throw it up in a messy bun. I begin changing into fresh clothes as I brush my teeth. My ribs stick out of my side. When is the last time I ate? There are dark bags under my brown eyes. When is the last time I have slept peacefully without night mares?

"I'm still breathing," I mutter to the broken girl in the mirror.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. I secretly hope, I secretly pray.

"Please be him, please be him."

I fumble down the wooden stairs and stand at the red door. I take a deep breath as I open it.

There stands my best friend at the other side of the door. He immediately pulls me into a hug. Nope wasn't him.

"Delilah what happened?" Toby wondered his voice full of worry.

"How did you know?"

"It may be Memorial Day weekend but it has already spread around school."

My stomach drops, it feels like it could go another round of vomiting air.

"Im sorry. I tried to set them straight but you know once Lauren knows everyone knows."

"What did they say?" I mutter weakly my body falls on the couch like a ballon after letting the air out.

Toby sighs and lays down beside me.

"Everyone just said you popped some pills that's it."

We remain silent deep in thought.

"I'm sorry," he says after a while.

I turn my body around to face him, "why? Why are you sorry?"

"Because I wish I could help you but I can't. You gotta fight this battle yourself Delilah. But just know that I will be here in the end no matter what."

That's the reassurance I needed. That's just what I needed to hear at that time.

I smile, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with such a messed up person."

Toby chuckles pulling a strand of brown hair that escaped my tied up hair behind my ear.

"Your not messed up silly. I like you just the way you are."

---

A little Delilah and Toby action ❤️