-Chapter 21-

Delilah's P.O.V

"What?" I say not believing his words.

"I'm sorry, she was sent to the hospital but she lost so much blood there's nothing we can do," tears swell up in my brown gloomy eyes.

"How?" I say weakly.

"She was drinking and driving. A car crashed right into her wind shield."

I remain quiet closing my eyes to stop the tears.

"I need to get to Connecticut."

"Delilah right? There's nothing we can do at this point. Just wait I suppose. I know your family does not have the money, there's no purpose of spending all the money you have left to come down here."

"I have no family."

"Ms. Heran, I am truly sorry of that. But that is a common side effect of drinking and driving she must've known the consequences. But on the other hand the uh funeral will be taking place back where you live. You may set it up."

"Thank you sir," I say through tears.

"I'm sorry."

I throw the phone across the room sinking to my knees on the floor.

---

Everyone at school seemed to know about my aunt. Nobody dared to say anything to me. Toby tried to tell me he was sorry but I ignored him. Lunch was the worst. I sat with Ashton and Calum again. Nobody talked they just all looked at me like I could break apart at anytime. I hate that feeling; feeling of pity.

English class came quickly. The whole class period I could feel Luke's eyes staring at me. The bell rings signaling the end of class as I stand up I see the look in Luke's eyes. It is a look I'll never forget. Love.

---

"Hey how are you doing?" I ask my Aunt Nicole as I clutch the phone to my ear.

"I'm not well Delilah, I'm not well."

I sigh running my fingers through my hair.

"Damn Delilah I let you down again didn't I? I want you to live your life to the fullest. I want you to try to be happy. Will you make a promise to me Delilah May?"

"Okay," I mutter quietly nodding.

"Promise me you'll never be alone in life, find someone you love. I don't want you to end up like me."

"I promise."

---

OMG thank you for all the votes and reads it's amazing!🙈💕

Ily all❤️