Chapter 7: Caffeine

It was a chilling feeling. It almost feels like it pulls me to itself yet I didn't move. Maybe my soul was being sucked into this unexplainable force.

Even by the paralyzing force, I was able to turn to see what was behind me. It was an ominous black silhouette of an animal. I don't know what animal it was but I definitely saw a snout and fur.

I felt envy, anger, grief, pain, and death all at once. Though I didn't die, it sure felt like all those things hit me in one blow. I know now what was behind me.

A Nightmare.

The wolf-like creature stands erect, looking over my shoulder. I could hear his claws getting ready to shred me apart.

I tried to shake my body off this feeling. I was in danger. Linda warned me before. I had to resist it. This hopeless sensation that crawls upon my skin.

I ran to the right to see a few more rooms. And at the end, I saw--

"Oh thank God, an energency exit!"

Opening the door, I was way too excited/scared to escape the Nightmare. But little did I know that I fell off the building. It was only the 2nd floor and the ground below me was a hundred floors down!

As I fell, I saw rainbows and flashing lights beneath me. You wouldn't get me but get this when you're high on drugs. It's like that.

It took me a while. About 20 minutes for me to see the ground. It almost felt like an endless fall. But it wasn't. Beyond this cloud of rainbows and flashing lights, I saw the ground...

And the street where the Grand Fiasco was...

Well... It looks like I'll die.

It's over.

*thud*

"Wow. I didn't die."

As I expected, it was just a dream. Or... More than just that.

I stood up and brushed my hair, ruffled and a little itchy. My back hurt but it didn't seem broken. Thankfully, my spine was still in one piece. Not a single rib snapped. Ahh!

Then I looked at the hotel again. It looks abandoned now, as if many years have passed since I came and no one came to stay.

Strangely, the whole town was abandoned.

"Huh... It was only a moment ago that this town was bustling with people."

It was misty, even. But the area wasn't on a mountain. But it didn't have to be that way. I realized that the town was between two mountain ranges when I glances at my left and right. (It was east and west I was probably looking at).

Groggy and confused, I scrambled my way into an empty coffee shop at the end of the street I was in. It was a pretty shop, with all the brown tints all over. The ceiling had some intricate drawings of vines and flowers, which caught my eye first before the counter.

Unlike the other shops I've seen, this coffee shop wasn't a mess at all. It's as if the owner cleaned up before he went away. It was odd of him to leave the door open. In my (dream) mind, I was thinking that the shop was left open for me. Haha.