Chapter 2: Deep Sleep

(The nurses rushed to my room to see a drop of orange liquid drooling from my mouth. The nurses and doctors confirmed later that I was under coma.)

The first thing I felt when I woke up was a soothing feeling all around me. The air was "soft" and the scent of it was like lemon and scented wood. I opened my eyes to a forest. I lay on the grass and dirt with the clothes I had before the accident.
"Am I in heaven?" I asked myself.
Strange rosy scents wafted through the air like a gush of wind and I felt calmer. I noticed that I could walk again.

"That was strange..."

I wandered the forest aimlessly, not knowing where I was. The forest had purple leaves covering the yellow sky.

It seemed familiar.

Oh yeah! I had this dream before but I could only barely remember a yellow sky and falling purple leaves.

But this time, it took longer for me to wake up. I tried to do something to wake myself up but in the end, I couldn't escape this strange dream.

I ran wild through the forest looking for a way to wake up. And yet I felt that I wanted to stay here... at least, for a while.

I stopped at a road made of scattered stones. Kind of like how you see stone paths in a garden. Lining the path are two rows of flowers on each side. It looked rather intriguing just to walk on the path.

So I chose to go on this path after wandering about in the forest.

(20 minutes later)

Later, I saw a beautiful house between the paths that split, to the left and to the right.

It was adorned with jewelries when there weren't supposed to be some in a normal house. The motif of the house was much rather a violet, yellow and lime green. The house would've looked much better without lime green, I thought.

It was only a bungalow but it was still pretty. The Gothic style of this house rather creeped me out more than it impressed me. No gargoyles in sight. Phew!

Come to think of it, I was thinking about how I should approach the people living in the house. I didn't want to frighten them.

I drew myself closer to the house. I stopped at the iron gate that placed a boundary between me and the door inside the house. Beyond the gate, I saw the front lawn. It was badly weeded, the grasses aren't evenly cut and some flowers were seen wilting. The mailbox was wrapped around by moss, mildew and vines. But the house looked pretty clean. Despite the contrasting "design", I did appreciate the way the owner put up his house but out uttered these words: ugly.

The gate was left open so I entered the property with no difficulty. No, to be honest, I was really nervous.

I walked on the first wooden plank on the porch. It creaked loudly and so loudly that I shrieked at the sound of it. Kinda weird.. I don't shriek when scared.

I just realized who just shriek. Suddenly, something pounced at me and when I opened my eyes, it was an animal that looks like a tarsier with the body of a monkey. Immediately, I shooed that strange-looking monkey away. It shrieked when it ran away.

Going back to the door, I got myslef up and knocked on it, since the doorbell was missing its button.

Surely enough, someone came to the door. It creaked open and what I saw caught my attention.