Chapter 6: The Rooms

I asked people about the town and they told me that "Nivelore was a nice place full of nice people in nice homes and work in nice jobs". They never mentioned anything else like tourist attractions or monuments or anything like that, despite having asked them. It was just a small town. I asked around for a hotel and it was just ten blocks away from where I entered Nivelore, going north.

Cola and I stopped at the hotel they mentioned, called The Grand Fiasco. Chills went down my spine as I read the HUGE lettering on the sign above the hotel door. It was a weird name for a hotel. And I thought Blue Apple Pie was an even worse name for any kind of building. I took a deep breath, walked two steps up to the door and peeked inside (for I was sure they would notice me, an outsider of their town). Cola, then, suddenly hopped onto my head and made me stumble, opening the door in front of me and embarrassing the people that saw me.

I picked myself up (after the "fiasco") and walked up to the clerk, not minding Cola at all.

"Hello, sir. Welcome to The Grand Fiasco. Our rooms are free to use so you may go find a room that suits you. Peek through the 'seeing hole' to see the interior of the room." said the lady.

This is odd. Normally, the clerk and the helpers should guide me to the rooms that are available. Not the guests. But here I am stuck in this God-forsaken dream and I still can't wake up. Anything's bound to happen in my dreams!

So I asked the clerk. "How about if you take me to a room that is available? I don't want to be rude just peeking through random rooms where there might be people inside."

The clerk calmly replied, "Oh, you shouldn't worry about that. You can't see them. Only the room. Plus there's an 'OCCUPIED' indicator at the top of the doors. You'll see them yourself when you get upstairs."

I nodded and checked for Cola. Yet, I didn't see her.

"Oh my ignorance." I thought. I worriedly scurried about the ground floor looking for Cola.

"Have you seen a monkey running around here?"

"No."

"Have you seen-"

"I don't know, I don't care."

"Have you seen a monkey that I own running around here?"

"I'm sorry, sonny,. Haven't seen"

I realized that Cola was running with dirty feet. I was sure she stepped on mud while we were on the way to this hotel. So I followed the prints she left. she must have been running a lot while I was talking to the clerk. And I thought I didn't hear any shuffling or running in the halls.

I ran upstairs to find her. Then as I made the left turn to the second level, I saw Cola at the end of the corridor staring at me. Her eyes became black and she was floating. She stretched her hand out to me and in an instant, she was in front of me,grabbing my neck. I was lifted from the ground by her hands. They were enlarged enough to hold my neck and strong enough to choke the life out of me. I struggled to escape her suffocating grasp and in my struggle, I heard her whisper something.

The day of judgement has come.

It echoes in my (dream) head and as it grows louder, it becomes more unbearable to hear. I, at once, broke free of her grasp and ran down the stairs. The clerk and the other random peeps were missing and the only one is probably me on that floor.

At the same time, I felt nauseous and sick. My eyesight became blurry and poor for some reason and the building around me changed into a disgusting and horrifying scene.

The walls became red and rusty as though they were metal. The doors and windows became part of the walls. The chandelier that was hanging there turned into a giant ball of spikes oozing blood from its tips. The floor that I step on became sheet metal and blood is splattered everywhere.