Chapter 0: Irvin

Sunny was the afternoon and I had a cup of coffee at the Bookkeeper's Café. I sat down at the corner where I was left alone. The sun beamed down on the book that I was reading and for some reason, I felt relaxed. Then I looked outside to see busy cars along the highway, but I could hardly hear them zooming. I looked down to my coffee on the beautifully-crafted oak table. I did not put any sugar. Not even a creamer. I liked it bitter anyway. I savored every sip of the coffee like it were heaven. I don't know why people just say many don't have bitter as their favorite taste. Besides that, it does remind me of how bitter life can get. But that is what makes life...flavorful.

I checked my watch and looked at the time.

"Oh... It's 3:20. I'd better get there soon."

I finished my coffee in one huge gulp, packed my office stuff, walked out and approached my car. It was a Honda and people say it's just too common. I'm not THAT rich, you know.

I was speeding along that highway, which I forgot its name. I had to think next of my next presentation to Mr. Campbell for the next day. That made me feel so nervous all the way that I nearly drove off a cliff. I missed it.

"That was a close call."

But all I could remember after missing the cliff was Lea, my girlfriend, the simple life I'm living and ramming into some truck which I probably didn't see. To tell you, Lea is everything to me  and I loved every moment with her. But this tragedy had to happen. And now I was gonna die. Everything was happening all too fast and I couldn't catch up. I blacked out after that.

(So much for more than $100k worth of buying my own car.)