Chapter 16

Emma's POV

Time was now running low for me and for my time here. Just less then five months from now and I will be heading back to New York leaving Killian, his children, and everyone else behind. I know this is what was planned, but I didnt except to love this family this much.

"So just alittle less the five months and then you go away." David says.

"Yeah thats whats gonna happen." I say.

"Em, I dont want you to go away again. The first time I understood because of Neal's passing, but why do this time?" He asks.

"Cause David. I needed only a year away and now I can go back stronger then ever." I say.

"Yeah, but I see the way you take care of Kayden, Elliot, and Logan. You love them as if they were your own. I also see how you look at Killian and I have to say I think you like him." He says.

"Killian is my friend and his boys have grown on me except thats all. Im pretty sure Killian wants me to go when my time is up anyway." I say.

"Are you sure? Has he said that?" He asks.

"Well no, but Im not stupid. I can tell he wants me to go." I say.

Before he could say anything Killian walked into the house.

"Hey Dave what brings you here?" Killian asks.

"Just talking to my sister, but I'll leave you all to it." David says and walked out.

"What was that about?" Killian asks.

"He doesnt want me to go in less then five months." I say.

"Ahhh. Anyway where are the boys?" He asks.

"They are with your dad remember?" I question.

"Oh right. God I have a lot going on. Ever since David stopped trying to hook me up with women. I've noticed just how lonely this will be once you leave. So I think I might be ready for the dating scene again." He says.

"No. No. No. Your not ready for that yet. See you have children. You cant do that. You just cant." I say.

"Well why cant I do that? I know when my family will have them." He says.

"Just promise me you wont date anyone. Until I have been gone for like a year." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"Cause it will give you enough time to see just what you want from a woman. So do you promise me?" I question.

"Okay a year after you leave then I start dating again." He says.

He walked upstairs and I watched him and I have no idea why I said that. I mean he cant find another woman to be here with him and his kids he just cant. Although it is his life and he can do what he wants. I dont want him to find anyone else. I really dont know my feelings for him, but whatever they are they are strong and jealous of something that hasnt happened yet. This will go away when I leave. Wont it?