Chapter 25: Go Time

Start from the beginning

"You know what, I was thinking that," I said. "What's going on with you two anyways? Ronnie asked. I chuckled "We just flirt heavy, ain't nothing serious," I said.

"And other things" Ricky added.

I laughed "Josie walked in on that, shit was awkward but that just means she told you," I said. "Nah, I saw y'all go in there. You can't be discreet to save your life mothafucka" I said

"Oh fuck you, at least I'm getting some," he said

"Pshh nigga, I get some on a daily," I said.

"By who? He laughed.

"Josie" he added

"Hell no"

"Whoa whoa whoa, why y'all always gotta drag her name in there? Ronnie asked

"Oh my bad young blood, I know that's your crush," he said.

"Its bad enough she's living with you" he added. "It ain't even like that.... we stay out eachothers way" he explained.

"Yeah, I think you should tell him," I said

"Tell me what? Ronnie asked.

"I'm hungry" Cortez intervened

"Waffle House" I suggested

"Yeah, let's go"

Ricky

We viewed our menus figuring out what we wanted to get. It was some tension and awkwardness from our conversation earlier. Ronnie was mugging me and I continued to sip on  my sprite. This wasn't a big deal to me but I figure I put it out there.

"Josie is playing my fiancé... temporarily," I said

Ronnie ran his hands through his head. "That's crazy," he said looking disappointed. "She didn't even tell me, I just asked her on a date too," I said. I knew he really liked her and Ronnie gets lovesick over any female he has interest in.

"Cuz she probably wanted to go out to eat nigga. Bitches love a free meal with their petty asses" Dreux said. We all began to laugh "That's why I don't take women out to eat... we go to the park/ice cream" Rafiq said.

"Nigga, what kind of high school shit is that," I said.

"But seriously, you really that mad? You took weeks just to ask for her number. I know you fucking around" Dreux laughed

"I ain't have time," Ronnie said.

"But on the real, its just for events. I mean after that she's all yours. Do what you want" I said thanking the waitress as she handed my plate. He sucked his teeth" That's wack... I aint doing all of that"

"Then you aint gon date the girl then. Women don't like a quittier man" Kasey said cutting his steak. Rudy looked over at him and Dreux and I started laughing under the table.

Dreux 5:45 am: This nigga sorry. Look at him he mad asf.

I placed my phone down continuing to laugh. Everyone was at the table waiting for us to stop. "Ahh you stupid fool," I said.

"So how's your sister? Capri asked. I coughed a little "Is that dry ass porkchop aint it? Dreux asked. "Shit is not tender" he stabbed it with a fork.

"She's go-

"She's good" Rudy cut me off. "Oh, you checked on her? I asked chewing my food

"Yeah, I checked on her and I'll pick up my kids later on," he said.

"Okay," I said continuing to eat. Kasey was quiet the whole time. I know he had shit to say but out of respect he probably didn't want to. "So who's the new lady? Dreux asked.