Chapter 25: Adam's POV

I take a deep breath as I breathe in deeply. Chester is fixing my bow tie, putting the final touches on my tuxedo. I winked at the mirror, instantly feeling sparks fly between me and my reflection.

"Is everything to your liking sir?" Asked Chester meekly, rolling some cologne on my wrists.

"Yes thank you Chester," I say, turning around as I heard approaching high heels.

What I saw took my breath away. Apple, who has always looked so ordinary, had suddenly become hot. She had on a figure hugging black gown, her hair was done, and her makeup accentuated her naturally stunning features.

"Apple...you look so beautiful," I murmur.

Apple blushes, smiling to herself and looking down.

"You look wonderful, Miss Apple," said Chester warmly.

Stay in your lane Chester!

On the limo ride to the gala, I resisted the urge to ask Chester to let me drive, even though I know I am a much better driver than him and have never run anyone over.

I turned my heard and stared deep into Apple's eyes, blinking in romantic Italian.

"Sir? Is there something in your eye?" She asks.

My romance is totally wasted on her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I led Apple inside the ballroom, enjoying the feeling of her arm wrapped around my bicep. I have fallen hopelessly in love with her. The moment I saw her on the hood of my car, with water from the broken hydrant gently falling over her angelic face, I knew she was The One. I didn't even care that she ruined my Gucci shoes with her blood, to be honest. Her higher insight and metaphysical intelligence she showed in her agonized portrayal of the human condition as the table in the Lion King moved me like nothing I had ever seen before.

Suddenly, I ran into Hobbes, the Vice President of my company. The one that's always trying to kill me and get rid of me so he can take over my company. He's just so rude.

"Why are you still alive?" He asks me.

"Nice to see you Hobbes!" I say, clapping him on the back. "How is the newest building coming along?"

"It will exist next year. Too bad you won't."

"Hobbes, you need to learn about the inside voice," I say, shaking my head and continuing to the ballroom with Apple.

"Sir,I don't belong here," says Apple, looking terrified.

"What do you mean mon petit croissant?" I asked, gently running my fingers through her hair.

Apple let out a quiet giggle. "I forgot."

I twirled her around, keeping my eyes locked on her orbs. My hand securely held her waist, and she gripped onto my shoulder like it was one of those cheese sticks she loved so much.

Everything seemed so perfect. It felt like we were the only ones in the room, nay, the world. After the profound heartbreak that Sofia caused me, I felt human once more. I remembered how to love again. Apple has now become the meaning of my life. I never thought I could be so happy.

I never wanted our dance to end, but suddenly I had to pee.

"Excuse me, Apple, but I will be back soon," I said, heading towards the hallway.

The hallway was dark and gloomy. I walked down the length of it, wondering how far away the bathroom was because my bladder can only hold so much.

Suddenly, an ominous figure appeared at the end of the hallway. The lighting was bad so I couldn't make out the details of his face.

"Chesterrr, ma boi, is that you?" I asked hopefully.

The figure continued to approach, and I could now see that he was holding something.

"Who is it?" I cried, my voice wavering a bit.

The figure inched closer and closer, and soon, I realized that it was Hobbes. He was holding a glass in one hand, and a dark bottle with a skull and crossbones label on it in the other hand.

"Hey Adam, you looked pretty thirsty so I thought you might like a drink."

How kind of him! And here I was, thinking he wanted to off me. I think I was wrong about Hobbes.

"Thanks man!" I say as I took the drink he poured for me.

Down the hatch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creds to KateBlades for coming up with the quote "Chesterr ma boi is that u" way back in chapter 4!