Chapter 12: Apple's POV

Perhaps this guy isn't the cold heartless billionaire I thought he was. I mean he did enjoy my table performance, which suggests a high intellectual capacity. I watch him happily lick Nutella off a plate, feeling my heart soften for him. Like me, he was obviously a tortured soul, misunderstood in this cruel world we live in. It also didn't hurt that he was a billionaire who is hot as fuck.

    "Sir, if don't mind me asking...don't you have work?"

Adam cocked his head in confusion. "What is....work?"

"You know, like a job."

"I do have a job, it's being a billionaire."

"I see."

"What do you see?" He asked, turning around.

"Nevermind sir."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch, Adam decided to give me a tour of his penthouse. "This is the kitchen," he says, entering the kitchen. "Oh that reminds me," he added, opening the dishwasher. "I put some pizza rolls in the oven earlier, I hope they're ready by now!"

"Sir, that is the dishwasher."

"No Chester is my dishwasher. This is an oven," he says taking out the pizza rolls which were covered in water and detergent.

Adam stared at the ruined pizza rolls for a moment. "It didn't turn out that well, usually there is more foam than this."

"Uhh...sir...."

Adam takes a huge bite out of the dishwashing liquid drenched pizza roll. "Mmmm yesss.... this did turn out well."

I was too horrified for words. Biting into another pizza roll, Adam strode past the living room into a hallway.

"This is Chester's part of the house- he has a room, two bathrooms, and a living room."

Adam opens up the elevator and I followed him in. He shows me all the rooms, before coming up to one door. "This is my favorite room," said Adam, opening the door. "Behold, my playroom."

    Inside the playroom, are a fuckton of squeaky toys and a ball pit.

    "Do you like balls Apple?" He says, digging some blue balls out of the pit and playing with them.

    "I...yes sir..."

    "I'm glad you understand me and my unconventional desires." Closing the door, he steps back into the hallway and approaches the elevator.

    "Sir, what is this room?" I asked, pausing in front of a mysterious door of a room we haven't visited.

    Adam paled visibly. "THat? That is...not a room. It's just a door."

    I try to turn the knob but it's locked. I feel a sense of trepidation building up- there could be literally anything in there. I've only this man for a couple of hours.

    "Apple, it's better if you don't ask too many questions," he said. "Come." He places a hand on my shoulder and guides me to the elevator. There is a sinking feeling in my stomach, and it's not just from the elevator moving down. This guy has a dark secret. I'm sure of it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------