In the Arms of an Angel

Ch. 9 In The Arms of an Angel

(Comin Home)

<PETER’S POV>

“Coma?” I choke out, looking at her.

“She hit her head two times, hard enough that it should’ve killed her on impact both times. One on the back of the head, wich caused the Coma, and once on the temple, that triggered her memory-loss.” He says.

“MEMORY LOSS?” I scream, looking at him, pain evident in my voice.

“Yes, we don’t know if the memories will come back or not, but the only memories that were taken were the ones within a two year period of time. When and if she wakes up, she will know nothing about you, Spider-Man.” He says, and leaves the room. I lean down and kiss her forehead, then leave the room.

<HANNAH’S POV>

I’m floating on a web, a giant freaking web, hanging over NYC. I could stay here forever.

“Hannah, what is with you and dying?” I hear my father say, as he appears before me.

“Who said anything about dying?” I say, laughing.

“Hannah, you’re in a coma.” My dad says.

“Wh-What?” I say, and he extends his hand, and pulls me up.

“I’ll show you.” He says, and takes me to OSCORP.

“Dad, why am I here?” I say, confused. We are suddenly on the roof of OSCORP, and I see myself being flung into the wall by a giant mutant lizard. I wince and start crying.

Next thing I know I’m in a hospital. I see the wires in my arms and pick up the clip-board.

Hannah Maylord………………………………………………………… 18

5’9’’…………………………………………………………………………………… 120 lbs.

Comatose …………………………………………………………………… Concussion

**NOT EXPECTED TO SURVIVE**    

“What?” I say, and look at my father, but see he’s gone.

“NO! WAKE UP! WAKE UP, HANNAH MAYLORD WAKE UP!” I scream, shaking my shoulders. I eventually just fall back, crying.

I wake up in the web again, and decide to walk around. I walk around NYC and start singing. Singing “Angel” By Sarah McLachlan.

<1 MONTH LATER>

Bright lights cloud my vision as I wake up. After about 5 minutes, my vision is back to normal, and I see I’m in a hospital. The same hospital I saw everyday. I would always come to see if I got any visitors. I always got One. A guy, about my age. He brought a picture, in a frame that said “Together Forever”. He put it on the bedside table, kissed my forehead like he did every time, and left. When he left, I looked at the picture. It was of me and him, kissing. My legs were wrapped around his torso and we looked perfect together. You can tell we were both smiling in the picture, but we never broke the kiss.

<Flashback>

“PETER!” I yell, laughing.

“C’Mon, just one more picture, please!” He says, taking another picture of me.

“I love you, Peter Parker”

I jump onto his waist and kiss him. I wrap my legs around him and he supports my butt with one of his hands. I wrap my arms around his neck, and I smile. He smiles too, and snaps a picture. I break the kiss to laugh. I jump down and look at the picture.

“Beautiful” He says, and I shyly look up at him. He smiles down at me, and I kiss him lightly. Nothing could have made that moment more memorable and amazing.

<Reality>

I look to the table and see the picture. There’s a note stuck to the bottom corner of it, and I pick it up.

Hannah,

      Please don’t forget me, I love you and I never want you to forget that. I would do anything for you. If you are reading this, it means you’re alive, and that’s all I could ever ask for. Please, Please Remember me. 

-Peter

I cry when I finish reading the note from Peter. I don’t remember anything about him. I know what he looks like, but that’s it. Will I ever remember him, my lover, Peter Parker?

Let the rain wash away, all the pain of yesterday

Tell the world I’m coming home