Chapter 1- thecampingdolphin

Ryan put his hands on his boyfriend Brayden's shoulders. Brayden wouldn't meet his eyes, he was looking downwards sadly. He was biting his lip, and Ryan couldn't help but think how cute his boyfriend was.

"Hey. Hey, babe. Look at me." Ryan said, gently shaking Brayden.

Brayden looked up, and his brown [are they brown? idfk] eyes met Ryan's blue.

Ryan continued. "We're gonna walk through that door, holding hands, and we're gonna show everyone how happy we are. And we are most definitely not gonna give a fuck what they think. Okay?"

Brayden whispered "Okay." Ryan grabbed his hand, and they walked into school. It took a minute for everyone to notice their interlocked fingers, but when they did, their whispers filled the hallway.

"What're they doing?" "Are they dating?" "Ew, are they gay?" "Faggots."

That last one was louder than the others, and Brayden flinched visibly. Ryan held his hand tighter, and stopped walking. Brayden tugged on his hand. "Ryan, let's just keep moving." He muttered desperately.

Ryan was stiff. He took a deep breath, and continued walking. Brayden breathed a quiet sigh of relief and leaned against his boyfriend's shoulder, acting as comfort.

"Yeah, keep moving faggots."
The whisper sounded again.

Ryan closed his eyes, halting, and reached up a hand to tug on his nose ring, which was a current habit of his. Brayden again tried to usher him on, but Ryan wouldn't move.

Then, instead of whipping around to accuse the whispers as Brayden had thought, Ryan just said at a normal volume "Fuck 'em all." And pulled Brayden into a passionate kiss.

Brayden melted into his arms, and the hallway was silent as they kissed. Then they pulled away and walked on, both of them more confident than before.