How about, sleep it off?

Start from the beginning

"Concentrate, everything that I told you is true, I saw it. I don't know what happened one moment it was there and the other, puff, gone." He gestures to the machine with a freaked out expression and I'm sure I look exactly like that.

"Okay...umm..did you happen to take pills from kreg?" I question him not accepting to believe that a portal was inside our dryer only half an hour ago and has sucked a sock.

Hopefully not one of mine.

"Sky! I am as confused as you are right now. But I know what I saw, and no I didn't take pills, I'm not high, I am not pranking you. I saw this thing, I haven't been more sure about anything in my life." The seriousness around his statement shuts me up and I nod at him while examining him carefully.

"Okay..." I start slowly placing my hands on the counter behind me and looking straight into his eyes. "I believe you, I do. But we have to find out what the hell this means, how is that possible."

Adam nods and sits down again opening the dryer and looking at it.

"Are you hoping that it will break under your stern look and will give you all the answers you are looking for?" I ask sarcastically, pushing myself from the counter and moving to sit next to him.

"And what are you suggesting?" He looks at me with a raised eyebrow and I shrug thinking about it for a moment before moving my hand to the dryer. I don't go far though cause Adam lets out a shriek, sounding like something between a scared cat and an excited thirteen year old, and he slaps my hand causing me to quickly draw it back and look at him with wide eyes.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He shakes his head taking ahold of my hand and standing up, dragging me along with him.

"Just...don't do it. The sock, it vanished. You can't risk that happening to your arm." He explains and I give him a playful smirk.

"Why? I think that'd be fun." I comment earning an eye roll from him and we walk out the room, making sure we close the door behind us.

We make our way to the kitchen where he sees the box of pizza I placed on the table before and gives me a questioning look. I don't answer, I just gesture to moms room and he nods opening the cupboard and taking out two plates.

I open the fridge and reach for the two sandwiches left there from yesterday. Giving one to Adam, I take a seat and start nibbling on the sandwich while thinking about this madness we have gotten our selves into.

"Maybe we should talk to mom." Adam suggests and I stop mid way with the sandwich hanging in the air close to my mouth.

"You are kidding right?" I ask him as I place it on the plate and wipe my hands on the napkin.

"She is the adult here, she knows more than us." He tries again but I scoff.

"With the amount of aspirins and alcohol she has been consuming she couldn't even answer what's two plus two. It's a lost cause. Drop it." I reason with him and he seems doubtful for a moment but ends up nodding in agreement.

"Hey, why is there a bandage full of blood on your bed?" I ask suddenly remembering the bandage I found out while at our room.

"Oh, it's nothing, there was an accident in practice, I scratched my foot on the grass and another kid tripped on me and sprinkled his ankle, that's why coach cancelled." He explains and I make an O shape with my mouth taking a look at his foot, where a scratch is currently at.

"It almost gave me a heart attack." I groan and he smiles only for a moment before becoming serious again.

"I'm so sorry Sky. I didn't think you would find it there..." he starts apologizing anxiously but I wave him off.

"It's fine. Now...what the heck are we going to do?" He shakes his head swallowing the last bite of his sandwich and throwing the wrap on his plate.

"Frankly, I have no idea." I shrug and stand up placing the plates on the sink and throwing away the wrappers.

"How about sleep it off ?" I suggest and Adam snorts standing up himself.

"Don't be so helpful sky." He says jokingly and I pull my tongue out at him like a proper five year old.

"I don't know Adam, really, I haven't even seen the thing. Maybe we should wait, see what will happen, watch for bizarre things. There is nothing else we can do."

He nods and sighs while moving towards me enveloping me in a hug.

"Okay you are right." He says quietly and I laugh giving him a mischievous smile.

"Aren't I always?" I challenge him and he opens his mouth to answer but we are interrupted by his phone ringing.

He gives me a questioning look before reaching into his pocket to get ahold of his phone. We look down and see moms name flashing on the screen with an urgency.

Adam immediately presses the answer button and puts it on speaker.

"Adam!" I hear mom's voice, heavy and worried. "Where are you? Are you home? Sky, what about sky?" She asks frantically bombarding us with questions.

"Yes, mom relax. We are both home. What happened?" I answer her and she sighs visibly relieved. We can hear various sounds coming from the other end of the line and it resembles a lot to a door breaking.

"Holly shit! Mom are you okay?" Asks Adam looking at me with frantic, scared eyes making his way towards the door, grabbing his keys.

I put on my jacket and follow him as we make our way out, locking the door behind us.

"Whatever happens just stay home." She screams into the phone followed by a loud noise resembling a crash before the line becomes dead and the only thing that can be heard is the ringing of the phone.

With this sound echoing in our ears we start running.