For the record, it was the dryer

Start from the beginning

Since I've made sure that she woke up I leave the room and go to grab my bag.

Adam enters the living room as well and with no other words spoken we leave the house.

Once at school I go immediately up to my locker, where I find Alice waiting for me.

Alice is basically my only friend, and our friendship only consists of sitting together in some classes and exchanging notes. Nothing less, nothing more.

I'm not really the type of girl who has a group of friends and hangs out with them, actually I have no friends at all. My day only consists of going to school, returning home, studying and going to sleep. No time for friends and parties and gatherings. I'm perfectly happy surfing the internet on my own, silently dying on my bed while watching a season of a tv series a day.

Pretty simple and the way I like it.

"Did you study for hudsons test?" Alice asks me when I reach my locker. I open it and take some books from there while shrugging.

"Sure." I reply. She already knows however that I studied for the math test, I always do. She just tried to be polite and not jump into the favor she wants right away.

"Great, you have to let me sit with you , I have a feeling that I'll totally fail it."

And boom. Here it is. I look at her and notice she is giving me the look she always wears when she wants something, she has widened her blue eyes and her lips have formed a sweet smile.

It may work at any hormonal teenage boy but to me she looks ridiculous.

"Okay, sure you can sit with me." I agree,  not because the puppy eyes convinced me or anything, but because I don't really care if she is going to sit beside me or not.

When the bell rings Alice waves goodbye and heads to her English lesson as I go the other way to my AP biology class.

After a boring lesson, filled with things most of the class already knew from previous years miss Stenson announces that we are free earlier today, not before she gives homework.

The rest of my classes goes pretty much like this too, and after we've taken the test and after Alice copied the whole thing from me we are finally starting our last period, French.

Which means sleep, except if kreg is in a happy mood today, which means him talking nonsense for forty five minutes because he is probably high. Turns out that it's one of kreg's lazy days however so we both rest our heads in our desks and fall asleep.

Not after ten minutes into the lesson and that beautiful, precious nap my phone starts ringing waking me and the rest of the class up. I look at the callers id only to find out that Adam is calling me.

"Excusez moi, mademoiselle sky, but no cell phones our allowed ici." The teacher exclaims, half English, half French and I nod before excusing myself, packing my things and leaving the class room. It's not like I was going to pay attention to it anyway.

I call Adam back as I make my way towards the parking lot. "Hey, where are you?" I ask him once he picks up and I can hear him panting from the other side of the line.

"So, I'm home, because we had practice last period and coach cancelled, well listen something happened and I don't know, I think I'm losing my mind, I mean I'm definitely losing my mind..." he races but I stop his rant.

"Woah, one thing at a time. Slow down. Tell me what happened." I try to calm him down in order to understand and I can hear him sigh.

"Okay, so basically I tried to do the laundry and  when I opened the dryer...."

"wait." I stop him confused.

"You, did the laundry?!" I exclaim surprised and he groans.

"Concentrate sky." He complains and I nod my head as I sit at a bench under a tree.

"Okay, go on." I encourage him.

"Okay, so the thing is that when I opened it something totally crazy happened, like there was some kind of portal or something and it was shining, full of colors, and at first I was like what? Adam you are hallucinating but then I tested it and placed a sock inside and the thing completely sucked it. Like goodbye sock." He finally explains and I am beyond confused.

I straighten my position on the bench and fiddle with my hair for a moment too long before answering back to my brother, who by the looks of it was completely losing it.

"Are you trying to tell me that you ripped a portal to another dimension through our washing machine? Are you on drugs?" I question him slowly like I am talking to a mad man, which I probably am doing.

"For the record, it was the dryer." Adam argues with me and I widen my eyes as I stand up and throw my bag over my shoulder.

"That's not the point!" I snap at him and start to walk back home to see for myself what he is talking about.

"I don't even know sky, just hurry cause I'm kinda, completely fricking out." He complains and I rush to get on the bus. When I take a sit I lower my voice, making sure that no one hears and answer him.

" I'm on my way, don't do anything dumb like open it again, or telling someone else about the magic dryer okay? We will figure this out. I will take you to the best doctors." I whisper at the phone and when he answers back he doesn't sound amused at all.

"Just hurry." He simply says before he hangs up.

Okay, what the hell is happening?  Portals? Sock sucking portals? What the fuck? There has to be an explanation for all of this right? Everything is normal.

Little did I know, everything was far from normal.