Chapter 60- years in just one moment

Start from the beginning

The doctor walks out of her room and I rush to her. "Is she- is she okay?"

She nods. "She's perfectly fine. Her cancer cells have been decreasing rapidly but we can't confirm anything for sure until they are completely gone."

"Can I- can I see her?" I ask.

"She isn't awake yet but sure." She nods.

"Thank you," I say before she leaves.

I walk into her room and pull a chair next to her bedside. She is connected to all these machines which are making quiet noises.

I slowly take her hand in mine and caress it while putting my other hand on her forehead.

She will be so mad when she finds out that all her hair are gone now. But, she still looks cute, just like she did before. My Venus is so beautiful, even if she's bald.

I kiss the back of her hand. When I look at her, her eyes slowly open. "Mm," she moans and moves a little to the side.

"Hey," I whisper with a huge smile on my face. I wanted her to see my face first after she wakes up.

"Hey," she says, weakly, while her brown eyes looking into my green ones. Something hitched in my throat and the feeling inside my stomach was back. Her eyes now open completely. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to be here when you wake up, so here I am."

She smiles and I kiss her forehead. I love it when she closes her eyes whenever I kiss her forehead and holds onto my hand.

Suddenly her hand reaches to her head and panic takes over her. Her eyes find mine and I see panic in them and concern. "My- my hair? Where- what- what happened to my- my hair? They- they were here but now they—"

I calm her down and take her hand back into mine. "They- they came off during your transplant but it's fine."

"No it's not," she says, snatching her hand away from mine. "It's not okay."

"All that matters is that you're alive, and defeating those cancer cells."

"W-what? It- it's working?" She asks with shocked expression.

I nod in return and smile. "The doctor said that your cancer cells decreased by a lot after the transplant. She said that it's a good sign and that the transplant is working."

"Oh," she breathes out. "That's- that's good."

"Yeah," I mumble. She opens her mouth to say something but doesn't say anything. "What?"

"Can I- can I ask you something?" She asks and I nod in return. She hesitated but finally decided to ask me. "Why did you stay in New York?"

"What do you mean?" I ask and she sighs.

"I remember that you wanted to go to California to pursue your career in singing," she whispers and my heart swells. She really thinks that I would leave her, I wouldn't.

"Ah, that?" I ask and click my tongue. "It was overrated. I'm actually better at studying than singing."

She gives me a look. Her tell-me-the-truth look and I sigh in defeat. She can always get the answers out of me. One look towards my direction and I will do anything for her.

"I was secretly wishing that you would come back. Actually, I was sure about it. I wanted to see you when you finally return."

"I'm sorry," she replies back and I shake my head. "It was your dream and I was such a bad partner. It mattered to you so much, I'm sorry."

"No need," I answer back. "You matter more."

I can see a hint of red coloration near her cheeks and she smiles and everything just feels good. Her million dollar smile! She doesn't know how much that smile means to me. Every time she smiles at me, it takes me to this enchanted world where everything is beautiful with her.

She doesn't know how much I adore the freckles on her nose and cheeks. She is and always will be perfect just the way she is. Even though I can tell that she has lost a lot of weight, she lost all of her hair and her skin is pale, she is still beautiful.

"I'm tired," she mumbles and I nod in return.

"Go to sleep," I whisper to her with a smile on my face.

She squeezes my hand and closes her eyes. I just sit there, looking at her peacefully go back to sleep. Watching her sleep is another one of magical things in my life. She is so calm and peaceful.

I try to leave so I can let her rest but she doesn't let go of my hand. I smile and push back the three years I went without her and just stay there. I can live three years in just this one moment.

I hold onto her hand, never realizing when I dozed off to sleep.

___

Wow, guys we are at chapter 60! I can't believe this. I feel like it has been such a great journey with you guys but here we are, at chapter 60!

Btw it was Cayson's POV! How was it?

I love Cayson so much like he is such a sweetheart!

Thank you for all your support and love!

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen!

Thank you!