Chapter 33- touch me and i'll crush those pea-sized balls

Thank you so much @shea713 for all your lovely comments. Your comments have been very supportive throughout. I'm so blessed to have readers like you! Thank you❤️
___

Chapter 33- touch me and i'll crush those pea-sized balls

I wake up abruptly to something making noise downstairs and sit up in bed. I take deep breaths in and turn the lamp on. I look around and don't see violet anywhere.

"Violet?" I call out but no one replies.

I look to the side and find my phone. I check it and realize that it's 11:57 A.M. I sigh and get out of the bed.

They decided to go to sleep early tonight because they wanted to be ready for tomorrow. Which is about to be in like 3 minutes.

I walk out of the room and it's dark outside.

It has been 2 days since we came to the barn house and they didn't let me go outside in the backyard.

Apparently, they have been decorating the whole place for my birthday party.

They forced me to go to sleep at 7 tonight. Who can go to sleep that early? I'm not a grandma. To make sure that I wouldn't leave the room, Violet stayed with me until I fell asleep.

I don't even know when that was.

I sigh and look at the stairs. I turn my flashlight on and slowly walk down the stairs.

I reach the ground floor and find someone's shadow outside the door leading to the backyard.

Is that a thief?

He was the one who dropped something on the floor. I will get you thief.

I quickly turn my flashlight off and stand right next to the backyard door. I try to take a peek at the person but the shadow vanished.

I look around and it's dark.

Suddenly the backyard door opens and someone walks in with a hockey stick. I gasp and put my phone in my back pocket.

Just as I'm about to punch this person, the lights turn on and I close my eyes.

"Happy birthday!" I hear everyone screaming.

I turn around and open my eyes to find Kate and Chris, wearing the birthday hats. Tyler and violet are blowing the whistle while Ian plays the happy birthday song.

I smile and they all quickly walk towards me and pull me into a group hug. "Thank you guys."

Suddenly I realize that a thief walked into the house. "There's a—" I start as I turn around to find Cayson.

"Did you see where the shadow man went?" I ask and he smiles.

I look at Cayson who's holding onto the hockey stick. "Oh," I breath out. "It was you."

"Yeah," he mutters and walks towards me. "Happy birthday Stavish."

"Thank you little shit," I whisper back.

"So you like it?" Tyler asks and I look up to find decors everywhere.

"Wow," I breath out and look around to find balloons and glitter everywhere. "Really, glitter?"

"Not my idea," Tyler puts his hands up in the air.

"It was me," Ian comes forward. "It's just that, I remember you liked purple glitter back in 5th grade. So I decided to put it up on your eighteenth birthday."