Chapter Twenty Eight|| Thus, Tanner Wakes

Start from the beginning

"Emily, it's time." The doctor said with a sad tone. 

I know...but I love Tanner.

I took a deep breath bringing a shaky hand that held the pen to the paper before signing my name. I held back the tears as I handed the papers over and the doctors and nurses started turning everything off. 

"Goddess, please let him wake." I spoke sending the prayer high up.

I waited for the long beep to come from the machine, but nothing came. 

Small beeps started and my eyes widened as I jumped up from my seat. 

"I can't believe it." The doctor mumbled looking over the machines. 

"He did it." I said with a shaky voice. 

Then something amazing happened, his eyes slowly fluttered open taking in his surroundings and a happy sob escaped me. 

He tried to speak but couldn't, and I shook my head telling him to rest and take his time. The nurse gave him some water helping him sit up. 

"I...was...so worried." Was his first words and he brought a shaky hand up laying it on the side of my cheek. 

"For..you." he got out and another sob left me as I leaned forward hugging him and he was quick to wrap his arms around me not caring how he felt. 

"I got him, Tanner, I got him." I spoke and he responded with a squeeze as if saying 'good'. 

"We're safe." I mumbled. 

"Don't ever scare me like that again." I spoke leaning back and let out a small laugh. 

"We're...family. I'm not...going anywhere." He spoke in between breaths. 

I knew it would be awhile before he was back at his best, but he's up and awake and thats all that matters to me. 

I placed my hand on my heart and he knew what I meant nodding back. 'I love you too'. 

"So...tell me what...I missed." 

So I explained everything went down as he listened intently. I explained the day he went missing and how Derek played us all. I explained the chief causing Tanner to drop his head to hide his emotions from me. I knew he had tears in his eyes. I explained the party, and the shooting, just everything

I knew something, though. I didn't rightfully deserve the position as chief, so when Tanner was better I was going to give it to him. He had always wanted that position and was always chief's right hand man much like myself. He deserved it more than I did. 

After explanations, I took a spot beside Tanner and we just laid there in each other's embrace thanking the Goddess for the miracle she gave us. Thanking her for not letting me lose another brother. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Aw. Tanner is awake!

PLEASE COMMENT IF THERE ARE ANY GRAMMAR ERRORS! IM JUST SO TIRED I DONT FEEL LIKE PROOF READING HEHE.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

What do you think will happen next?

Questions?

I MADE NEW COVERS! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! I'll post them below...you'll even get a sneak peek at the books not yet published in the series ;)

you'll even get a sneak peek at the books not yet published in the series ;)