Chapter Twenty One|| Confused

{Emily's POV}

"I still can't believe he had to audacity to accuse me." Oliver scoffed as we laid in bed that next morning. 

My head was laid on his chest as his arms were wrapped around me. The last thing I wanted to talk about right now was work. 

"Just drop it Oliver. He's just worried and protective over me." I mumbled tracing the lines of his defined abs. 

"It's just- It makes me mad. Half of those victims are from my pack! Why would I want to kill my own members? I just-" I cut him off by leaning up and pressing my lips to his. 

He instantly shut up and responded to the kiss hungrily. A minute later he gripped my face gently and pulled back. 

"Not fair." He spoke and I let out a small laugh. 

"I had to shut you up somehow," I teased. "I understand why you're mad. You're an alpha and those are your people. You don't want to be disrespected or your people to be disrespecting. It's in your nature to be mad. I would too. I'm a little upset that he'd accuse my mate, but I know that you obviously aren't some delusional killer, Oliver. Don't let this get under your skin." I placed a kiss on his chest looking back up at him. 

"Okay." He spoke but I could tell he was still bothered. I would be too. 

It would be like Brian accusing me of being the killer when I've been working my ass off to find this killer and save others. 

Oliver's hand drifted down to my waist and before I could resist he pulled me on top of him to where I was straddling him. 

"Get my mind off it." He winked and I scoffed rolling my eyes. 

"I would, but I need to shower and get to work." I teased and started to get off of him but he held me down. 

"We could save water." He suggested and I laughed swatting his chest. 

"No." I emphasized. 

"Fine," He spoke grumpily. "Just one kiss?" I rolled my eyes leaning down to peck his lips when he pulled me to him deepening it and flipped us over to where he was hovering over me. 

"Damn you." I mumbled against his lips and laced my fingers through his hair and he chuckled leaning back some. 

"Now do I have your attention?" He asked and I frowned. 

"You're distracting. I need a shower." I tried to get up but he placed his lips on the spot where he would mark me and I froze. 

"That's the point. I don't want you to leave just yet." He said trailing his lips upwards and my wolf was going insane. 

"Damn you." I mumbled again before his lips met mine once more and I gave in willingly. 

What's a make out session before work?

***

That morning I had to go to work hot and bothered. Damn him!

Oliver had some meetings to attend to and I was already about to be late for work so I dashed out the door after getting ready quickly as possible. 

Once I walked in the station, Brian met me at the door and held out a cup of coffee with a innocent expression. 

"Forgive me?" He asked and a small smile traced my lips as I took the cup from him.

"It's not me you need to apologize to, it's Oliver. He was really upset about what you said." I replied brushing past him towards my desk as he followed.