Chapter Twenty Seven|| I know you know...

Start from the beginning

"It was surprisingly easy to blackmail some techie at the FBSI into deleting Derek Merrington from all bases and thus my new identity 'Wesley' was born. I took him out when he threatened to tell and I took over his position...until you came along." He said and looked up at me with tear filled eyes. 

"You encouraged me to be a tracker. Helped guide me along the way and I...got so engrossed with you that my plan slowly floated away. I thought maybe just maybe I could start new and fresh, but no...you got engaged and our closeness died. You only saw me as your little brother it felt like."

Oh, Wesley

Oh, Wesley. 

"So thus I recruited people and we started the plan. I would take every life that was at that party and I would put them through the pain I went through, what my sister went through, and I would get my revenge. That whole night was a nightmare for me and everyone else walked out perfectly fine. It wasn't fair." He countered. 

"I never meant to get you in the middle, Emily. I tried to warn you and get you off my ass but you just wouldn't budge. I fucking love you! Don't you see that? I even took out the Chief so you could be chief." It felt like he'd ripped out my heart and kept stomping on it. 

"Though, he did get new information that could potentially find me...that was just a bonus on knocking him off." 

You're delusional, I wanted to scream but the words wouldn't come out. 

"And Tanner?" I managed to get out. 

"Oh yes...Tanner. He came with me and he slowly put the pieces together when I kept leading him in the wrong direction. I knew he lied when he said he lost him phone, so I followed him and saw him texting when he stopped. I knocked him out...gave him to my men and was going to use him as a message to you. I knew you loved him and I care for him as well, so I didn't kill him. I just roughed him up a bit. There's no telling if he'll wake from the coma. I obviously put him in one on purpose. I may not have killed him but that didn't mean I was going to let him talk if there actually was a chance of him waking up." He laughed. 

"Claire?" He shrugged. "My men thought she was cute and I was gonna send another message, but you got in the way that night. My men knew not to lay a damn hand on you. I'd skin them alive and they knew it."

How generous of you. 

"And the picture?" 

"Ah yes. If you would have thought that night before giving it back to me you would have caught me sooner. You didn't even bother to get fingerprints! How stupid was that mistake? I was up there in the room and fired some shots. It was just to stir up some trouble, but I made one of my men shoot me to throw you off my trail. Now, my mistake was that I left the picture behind before leaving the room, but hell that didn't seem to be a problem since you gave it right back." He laughed. 

Goddess, im so stupid!

"Emily, this doesn't have to be the end. I love you and I know deep down you love me. We can run away together. I will take care of Oliver. Where you won't get sick or hurt when he's gone and we can finally be together. Tanner is the last thing we need to take out and we'll be free. Can't you see I love you?"

The chief once told me: To truly take down someone, you have to beat them at their own game...and I will. 

"O-okay." I lied and his eyes widened with hope. 

"Really? You'll leave with me?" He asked and I nodded smiling letting out a small fake laugh. 

"I always thought you loved me like a sister." I spoke and smiled shakily taking a step closer to him and he stood from his chair walking the rest of the way. 

"No..." He trailed out raising a hand and slowly placed it on my cheek and I closed my eyes in disgust. 

"I love you." I spoke. 

I wasn't a lie, I did love Wesley...but now it's loved, past tense.  He's destroyed whatever I used to think of him...I despise what he's done. 

"I love you too." He said softly and I felt even more disgusted when he placed a small kiss on my lips and pulled back before placing the gun in my hands and turned my shoulders to where I faced Tanner. 

His hands went on mine as he positioned the gun correctly and helped me raise it a bit more and placed my finger on the trigger. 

"You got it, babe." He said before releasing me and stepped back a bit and I took in a deep breath as a tear dripped down my cheek. 

"Im sorry." I spoke and without thinking twice I swung the gun around hitting Wesley on the side of the head with the butt of the gun in the right spot and he dropped to his knees unconscious before flopping onto the ground. 

I dropped the gun on the floor bringing the hand cuffs out of my boot I had stashed in there and placed his hands behind his back. 

"You have the right to remain silent..." I began numbly as I recited the familiar words as I handcuffed him. 

I stood up looking at his unconscious figure before letting out a breath. 

"I got you, Derek, you lost." I spat. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

O M G

What do you guys think?!?!?!?! 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!

GO EMILY!