Chapter One - Moving In.

A week and a half before college begins and I'm moving into my new apartment. I'm from London but I've moved to Baltimore, Maryland in America to begin my studies at the famous John Hopkins University where I will be an undergrad and study human biology. Ever since I was younger I've always wanted to become a surgeon, and finally I get to live up to my 'dream.' People always ask me "Why?" "You don't seem like the type." Well, clearly they have never heard to the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover.' However, I never tell them that, instead I say "I've chosen medicine - surgery - because it combined, a quest for knowledge with a way to serve, to save lives, and to alleviate suffering." They never said anything after that.

My mother has always been my best friend, she loved me, cared for me, encouraged me, supported me. To me she was amazing and she'll always be my best friend. However, my mother passed away when I finished secondary school and since then I've been trying to pick myself up and prove to everyone who ever doubted me that I will do what I was born to do and I will succeed but I will also be forever grateful to of had a wonderful mother to has given me everything I could possibly need to fulfil my dream.

Because my mother was soo sick before she died we had to find a way to pay for the bills. This included rent, water, electric, food and medical bills. Everything else just had to be left as everything else. And the only way we could afford to take care of those bills was to break into my college and household funds for when it was time for me to carry on with my education. However, my mum always refused but I always told her "Once you get better we can always find a way to put it back." However, that time didn't come and I had to find a way to make do of how I can feed myself, put a roof over my head and become the best surgeon I can possibly be. And the only way was to dance.

Dancing has always been a hobby of mine. I was always hyperactive as a child and so my mother put me into dance classes where I could burn my energy off. Although that didn't work, I did manage to develop some sort of feelings for dance and I'd always find some sort of comfort in it as a way to express my feelings.

So by busting my ass off for a year by dancing in a sleazy strip club to come up with the cash I needed to move to another country, I was finally able to pick up and start my journey one step at a time.

Present Time

As I was carrying in the last few boxes that got delivered earlier this morning from London, along with my car, I plonked down onto the floor of my new living room

As I was carrying in the last few boxes that got delivered earlier this morning from London, along with my car, I plonked down onto the floor of my new living room. "Phew!" I said aloud to no one in particular. After a few minutes of catching my breath again, I looked around my new apartment I made a mental list of what I need to buy. This list included, furniture such as a bed, sofa, table and chairs, other appliances, along with food and whatever else I will come across. As I grab my keys and wallet I make my way down to my car and make my way to the nearest furniture store.