(Prologue) A Not So Normal Day In The Life of Me

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring in my ear, I bolted straight up in surprise, I didn't remember setting my alarm then It hits me. Today is the day I move to the city! I rush out of bed causing me to fall on my face but that wouldn't ruin my mood today I quickly throw on my clothes and pack my suitcase with the things I need like clothes, a toothbrush, etc. 

I rush down the stairs to make a quick breakfast, when my older sister stops me, "Whoa (Y/n) what's with all the rush?" she asked, then she glanced at my suitcase and said "Today's the big day huh? well, you better say goodbye to Ma." a slight tone of sadness in her voice made it clear that she didn't want me to leave quite yet, I nod but before I go to the front porch I walk to the back garden to take one last look at the huge oak tree with a swing on it that my sister and I used to play on when we were little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Push me higher! Push me higher!" I yelled enthusiastically while on the little wooden swing, my yellow summer dress swaying in the wind with my father pushing me, the warm sun shining on both of our smiling faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback End~~~~~~~~~

  I feel my chest tighten and a sudden pang of sadness as I look at a patch of beautiful blue flowers near his grave, I walk towards the grave and the headstone reads 

 {Here lies David (L/n) a loving Husband to Eve Anderson and Father to two beautiful daughters Lily and (Y/n) (L/n), may he rest in peace} 

 I say what I thought to be my final goodbyes and leave the grave to go to the front porch. I find my mother and my older sister waiting for me there I look down to see our cat rubbing against my leg, I pick him up and stroke his head and he licks my cheek in return, "I'll miss you too buddy." I say while setting him down, I say my goodbyes to my mother and sister but before I leave to find the nearest bus stop my mother stands up from her rocking chair and gives me something she has been working on for the last two months, a(n) (F/c) scarf. 

I thank her with a tight hug and then cram the scarf into my almost full suitcase, my sister hands me some money for the trip.  

She looks me in the eyes and says " We love you, and don't you ever forget that. You can always come back if you need to. " I pull away as I feel my eyes start to water and say "I would never forget you, I love you too.", and just like that I leave for the bus stop.

  After what felt like an eternity of walking I finally reached the bus stop, I placed myself on the seat and waited around half an hour before the bus came, it had also started to rain. 

Great.  

The bus had finally come to a stop and opened its doors to shelter me from the rain I quickly grab my suitcase and rush frantically onto the bus hoping to not get rain on my clothes, thankfully the sky was feeling merciful today, and just like that I'm one step closer to New York.