Chapter 59- you don't make decisions for me

Start from the beginning

"Uhm... seventh floor," I reply back and he smiles.

"That I know. I don't know what floor it is. Like, they have surgical floor, the floor for little babies, the floor for emergency patients. So, what floor is this for?" He asks.

I don't respond for a while and look around. He follows my gaze and his eyes fall on a big poster saying 'defeat death' in big words.

"It's uh- it's... it's—" I start but am cut off by a familiar voice.

"Venus?" A familiar voice calls out for me and I sigh, mentally thanking Liam for showing up at the right time.

He runs to the door but when he looks at me, he slows down. I turn to face him and he gives me a confused look, which I mouth 'save me.'

"Liam?" Cayson asks and Liam nods as they shake their hands.

"What're you doing here man?" Liam asks and Cayson looks at me.

"My- my friend is here for her physical checkup but I got lost and ended up here," he answers and Liam nods. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh me?" He asks and looks at me with a small smile. "I'm here for this idiot, I lost her earlier but she's here so everything is fine."

Liam flashes me a smile that any girl would fall for, revealing his dimples and my brows furrow in question. His eyes dart to the right, telling me that Cayson is standing next to us.

I take a deep breath in and smile at him warmly too. Cayson's eyes linger between Liam and I. Something shimmers in his eyes but he doesn't respond.

He slowly backs away. "I'll get out of your hair, bye," he says before turning on his heel and marching to the elevator and he left.

"Where the hell were you?" Liam asks me and I sigh.

"I was thirsty, so I came out to get some water," I reply back and he nods, taking me back to my room.

"Don't leave again without notifying us first," he demands and I nod in return.

My eyes dart to the mirror again and I keep thinking about how the chemo is working and is taking my hair away with it.

My hair are the one thing I loved about myself: those long brunette curls bouncing every time I run or jump. Those late nights creating dark circles under my eyes, but my bangs would cover them sometimes.

I can't loose my hair, even if it's just a side effect. It is the worst side effect.

"Venus?" Liam's voice brings me back and I turn to face him.

"What?" I ask.

"What happened?" He asks and I shake my head. "Tell me."

He knows me too well. I sigh. "My hair."

"It's fine venus," he answers. "You'll grow new hair after your treatment."

"How are you so sure that it will work?" I ask and he smiles.

"The survival rate is pretty good, also you're young and healthy. This will definitely work," he assures me.

"The survival rate is 13 percent. How is that good?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I'm expecting for you to be one of those 13 percent," he says and I smile.

Suddenly everyone comes in together, talking and laughing. "What happened?"

"Nothing, we just checked with the doctor and she said they are ready for your transplant," mom says and they all smile at me.

Mommy and violet quickly sit down on the couch in my room because they donated the cells and blood. They are still feeling a bit sore.

"Oh okay," I reply back.

"Transplant?" A deep voice asks and everyone turns around to face the man standing at the door.

"Fuck," I respond as I know who the voice belongs to.

"Venus, what- what's happening here?" He storms inside and I take a deep breath in.

"Cayson?" Ian asks as shocked as I.

"What's happening? What transplant? And why are you in this room?" He shoots all these questions at me.

"We will uh- give you guys some space," mommy says and they all leave the room, giving me a squeeze on my hand and a pitiful look.

"Sit down," I pat on the space next to me on the gurney but he doesn't budge. "Cayson."

He slowly comes and sits down, his face pale as if he's seen a ghost. "What- what transplant venus? What happened? Why is your face so pale? And why is there a lot of hair on your pillow?" 

"Remember when you asked what this floor was for?" I ask and he nods. "Well, it's- it's cancer ward."

He waits for me to elaborate, so I do. "I'm a- I'm a patient here."

Something dark flickers in his eyes and everything is still. He doesn't move a muscle and I just sit there, waiting for a response.

For a moment, we just stare into each other's eyes. I see something shining in his eyes and he shakes his head. "No, no no no."

I sigh and take his hand in mine. "Cayson I'm- I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. I- I thought that if you didn't know, it'll be easier for you to hate me. So, if I were to die, you wouldn't care. I'm—"

He puts his cold fingers on my lips and I stop talking. His simple touch send shivers down my spine and everything inside of me ignites.

"You don't get to make that decision for me Venus," he says, a tear rolling down his cheek. "I was so scared when I lost you three years ago. I tried hard to move on but I couldn't. I always felt somewhat empty inside that you left me."

"I'm sorry," I apologize again and he shakes his head in defeat.

"You- you can't have cancer," he says. "You possibly couldn't."

"But I do," I reply back.

He clutched onto my hand and pulls me into a hug. It takes a moment for me to process everything but when he pulls me to him so strongly, I hug him back without hesitation.

I missed him. I missed telling him everything. I missed everything. If I hadn't told him sooner, I might've lost him for good.

"You don't make decisions for me, isn't that what you told me, your life your choices?" He whispers against my ears and my hair literally stand up and I shiver at his voice. "You'll be fine venus, I won't let anything happen to you."

"I hope so Cayson, I hope so," I whisper back, never breaking the hug between us.

___

How was the chapter?

Awwe! The misunderstandings are cleared and he knows about her cancer! I shouldn't be excited about that but I'm just happy that he found out.

Help me reach 50K guys! Thank you!

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen.

I love you guys!