Chapter 1

It has been almost three years since the virus hit, a virus that brought the dead back as flesh-eating monsters. A virus that ruined the lives of millions. If you were to get bitten or scratched by the undead, well you would become one. It wouldn't be quick, no it was slow and painful until you turned.

Lauren groans as she wakes up, it was another day in hell.

"Breakfast?" Dinah placed a plate down in front of Lauren.

Forcing a smile, Lauren sits up, her back cracking from yet another night sleeping in the back of a car. "Thanks DJ."

Dinah smiled, she sat up and looked out of the window. "Beautiful day."

"Yeah, we gotta get moving." Lauren responds, finishing off her watery oatmeal and climbing out of the car.

Grabbing her things, Lauren looks around and spots Normani and Ally snooping through cars and gathering supplies.

Dinah climbed out of the car and looked around them, checking it was safe.

"Hey, what have you found so far?" Lauren asks, walking over to Normani and Ally, keeping herself on high alert for any walkers.

"Nothing really, just some food which is out of date. A blanket and a water container." Ally said.

Groaning, Lauren runs a hand through her hair. "We better siphon some gas and get moving."

Normani nodded and straightened her back. She handed the blanket and water container to Lauren.

Attaching them to her bag, Lauren sighs and looks around. "Biter." She says quietly, seeing a walker not to far from them.

Ally rounded the car and they ducked down, hiding from the walker whose eyesight was terrible.

Slowly, the walker moved away from them, having heard gunfire further down the highway.

Ally cautiously stood up, looking around them again. Being the oldest, she was naturally protective of the others, especially Dinah, who was the youngest.

"Where do you think the gunshots came from?" Dinah asked quietly.

"No idea." Lauren shook her head. "Let's get going before we run into any more."

Getting into their SUV, Lauren begins driving down the road, her eyes widening upon seeing someone on top of a car. The woman appeared to be struggling with a walker that was pulling on her leg.

Seeing the gun on the ground, she figured that's where the gunshots came from.

"We should help her." Normani says from the passenger seat.

"We can't risk it." Lauren shook her head. "One of us could get hurt, or worse."

The woman struggled, her blonde hair flying in the wind.

"We can't just leave her to die." Ally says sadly from the backseat.

Suddenly a girl in a black cloak appears, the hood up so they can't see who she is.

Pulling out a sword, the girl begins taking out the biters quickly before helping the blonde down.

That's when the two women notice the car. They eye it suspiciously.

The girl in the cloak nods her head and suddenly Lauren's door flies open and a dark-haired girl appears, holding a gun in her face. "Who are you?"

"L-Lauren." Lauren stuttered in surprise.

"Out, all of you. Don't try anything stupid." The girl growls out as the other two girls walk towards them.

Ally, Dinah, Normani, and Lauren all climbed out of the car.

"We don't want to hurt you." Lauren shook her head, her hands up in surrender.

The girl in the cloak steps up beside the other girl and whispers something in her ear.

"Are you sure?" The dark haired girl asks. "Okay." Dropping her hand that was holding the gun, the girl steps back.

The blonde immediately moves beside her, grabbing her hand, both girls watching their leader.

The girl in the cloak watches Lauren, her face covered by a bandana, all except for her eyes.

Lauren shifted under her gaze, swallowing thickly. She looked around them, checking for danger.

Holding her hand out, the girl in the cloak steps closer and caresses Lauren's cheek before stepping back and turning toward the blonde and dark haired girl. Nodding her head, she takes off running with the two girls right behind her.

Lauren frowned. "What was that?"

"No idea, but let's agree to never stop again." Dinah breathes out, she was panicking slightly.

Lauren nodded, watching the three women run off. She flared her nostrils.

The three women turn around and look at them, the girl in the cloak dropping her hood and pulling down her bandana.