Fight

I went back home, happily, when I heard shouting inside. I put my ear near the front door and covered the other one. "I've had enough," dad yelled, "you wake up at 4 o'clock everyday and tell me you have work to do. Why 4 o'clock? Are you cheating on me?"
"We've been together for 15 years," mom scolded, "we've had Audrey for 18 years. Now you think I'm cheating you? What is your problem?"
"You come back home every night at 10 o'clock with so many make up! You're not a stripper! What else would you do except for cheating on me?"
"I go to work everyday and you think I put on strong makeup only because of how dark the room of course you think I put lots of make up!"
"I know there's another one! There were lots of guys name on your phone's contact list."
"There are lots of girls name on your phone's cobtact list as well are you cheating?"
  Dad didn't speak. Tears were flowing from mom's eyes and dad's face was all red.
"You know what," dad scolded again, "I'm leaving this place! Keep Audrey with you!"
  Tears rolled down my cheeks. I ran to the Key's house and opened their door. I ran straight to Devan and hugged him while sobbing. Devan tripped back a little, then stood back upright and hugged me. He guided me to his room and let me sit on his bed and he sat next to me. I looked at him with a totally depressed look. He started "what's wrong?"
"Mom and dad *sob* they're *sob* divorcing."
  More tears bursted out of my eyelids and Devan pulled me into a hug. I didn't move my arms, but he had his arms around me wrapping my arms as well. I laid my head onto his shoulder and he laid his head on mine. "Look," Devan said, "we all go through these depressing days. Sometimes, we get so depressed we can't help but break down into millions of pieces. He pulled away from me and grabbed my shoulders and stared into my eyes, "and sometimes, we get so depressed we don't want to talk to anyone. Or maybe, we might find ways to hurt ourselves. On the other hand, smart people find people they trust to talk about what they had gone through, and that smart person is you." I smiled at him. He moved his hands to cup my face, "you are intelligent that you found me to talk, now, you can tell me everything, your feelings, what you're thinking, et cectra. Now go on and tell me everything. I'm here to listen." I smiled at him. He moved hand hands to hold mine and that gave me the courage to talk to him. "Well," I said quietly, "mom and dad had been arguing a lot lately. At first, they weren't big fights,  sooner, they became huge ones that wakes people up at night. It hurts seeing them fight. And now they're divorcing." This time, tears didn't come out as much, but Devan still hugged me. I hugged him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. I felt myself comfort over his sense of protection. His warm and soft body soothe me and brought me away from my sad feelings. "Everything," Devan stated, "is going to work out fine." After that, he gave me a small kiss on my forehead. I pulled myself away from him and smiled, so did he. "Let's go downstairs," said Devan and I nodded as response. We walked downstairs while holding hands. Collins was at the dining table, editing the video with his laptop. He turned his head towards us and smirked, "what happened upstairs?" I looked at Collins with a sad face and pulled Devan right to the sofa. Devan gave Collins a look and followed me to the sofa. We sat down and Devan patted his lap. I looked at his lap and looked back at him. I questioned him with my eyes and he nodded. I shifted further from him and laid on his lap. "Thank you so much," I said.
"Anytime."
  Slowly, I fell asleep on his lap. He laid his hand on me. I could feel him staring at me, I was trying so hard not to smile. Little did Devan know, I started to grow feelings towards him. I know, I met him like a couple hours ago, but he is the best I can ever get.

Devan's POV
  Audrey fell asleep on my lap. I was staring at her. She's flawless. I looked from her wavy brown hair, to her precious lips (you so you so precious when you smile), to her hands, to her thigh and to her feet. They were all perfect, Audrey was perfect. I felt my phone buzz. I picked it up and it was a text from Collins, thank God he knew he shouldn't yell.

Text messages between Collins and Devan:

Collins:
You two can be adorable couples👫

Devan:
Shut up😡

Collins:
C'mon bro! I'm serious. She's laying
on your lap! That's #couplegoals🤞

Devan:
I don't have a crush on her

Collins:
Don't lie to yourself🤔

End of text between Collins and Devan

  I ended our conversation by putting my phone away. Then, my phone buzzed again. I annoyingly turned on my phone and it was a post notification from Twitter of Collins. I clicked his profile and he had a new post. No. He. Did. NOT! It was a picture of me looking at the sofa smiling. That was when I was checking out- wait, no, I meant, looking at Audrey and he snapped a picture of me doing it. How dare hum. I read the caption "what could be @DevanKey be smiling at? 🤔 Let me give you a hint, it's Audrey." Oh boy... I thought. Right then, a bunch of comments from everyone popped up the screen and I immediately turned my phone to mute. I turned back and gave Collins an evil glare. I have had a plan to get him back.