8

First Person POV

I sat in a seat which I assumed was mine since no one confronted me. The teacher introduced herself as Ms. Todd. Apparently the instructions that were being given out as Alex and I walked in didn't apply to me. This was refreshing, no shit to worry about on the first day.

At the end of that class the bell yelled over the hell we call school signaling lunch period. Well, my lunch period. Alex and I walked to the cafeteria to get our food. We joked normal teenage boy jokes. He pointed at tables labeling them things like "sluts" "attention whores" "nerds" "emos" etc. etc.
The lunch I had gotten consisted of mildly over-greased pizza but that's nothing I'm not used to.

Alex had gotten a salad. That boring twat. I smiled to myself at that thought.
"Where do you wanna sit?" He asked, several kids in the lunchroom staring at us. I guess it did seem odd that the hot jock and new 'emo' kid had befriended each other. I scoffed at some of them while we passed.
"I don't know. This is my first day here." I smiled.
"Oh yeah." He nervously scratched the back of his neck. Cute. Shit, what am I thinking? I literally just met him this morning! Ugh, I hate myself. He continued walking, I followed.
"How about here?"
I smiled softly.
"Sure."
He smiled back.
Fuck.

"Who's sitting with Alex?"

"Why the hell is Alex sitting with that freaky new kid?"

"He was probably forced."

"Damn, I feel sorry for him."

"Shut up Megan."

Words: 268

Ahh, I'm sorry! I was supposed to update last week but I forgot. I might have to take a break for a while😞
Again, I'm really sorry! When I come back from my short break I promise I'll have much longer chapters.