3

First Person POV

My dad place his hand over his eyes and shook his head in disappointment. (A/n: JUNGSHOOK. HAH. OOF.) At this point I was eager to be alone. I wanted to break down and cry my eyes out but that wasn't an option in front of my new "family". Carter looked at Anna and walked in front of me.
"Follow me," she managed to let out. I followed her with my bags. When we went upstairs she lead me to a light grey room filled with aesthetic lights and posters along with a few cactuses.
"I don't want us to hate each other. And I'm sorry for the scene I caused earlier." I mumbled. She looked at me and smiled softly.
"Sorry about your mom."
Why can't they stop talking about that? Why is it so important that they apologize for something that doesn't concern them? Why can't they leave me alone to grieve by myself? I'm tired of them already and it hasn't even been a day. I miss her. So fucking much.
"Brody? Hello? Sorry I probably shouldn't have said anything." She looked down.
I smiled slightly,
"No I'm sorry. I'm the one barging in your home with as much respect as a toad on steroids." She giggled.
"Where's the bathroom?" I was getting way too impatient. She pointed to a door in the corner of the room and I basically ran in there. As soon as I closed the door, warm tears ran down my face. I took off my glasses and put them on the counter. I hate this.

About ten minutes had passed and my eyes were swollen and I was broken. I sat on the floor and stared at the wall fighting back more tears. I stood up and grabbed my glasses before walking out. I didn't expect Carter to still be in there but she was. Her back was facing me but it was like she sensed me.
"If you wanna talk I'm here to listen. Don't think you're all alone cause you're not." She stood up and walked out without a single glance back at me. I sighed and put my glasses back on my face. Great, she must've heard me. I shook it off and decided to unpack. My dad walked in and I glanced at him and turned my attention back to what I was doing.
"What do you want?"
"School starts tomorrow. Just thought I'd let you know." He mumbled and walked out of the room. I began pulling book after book from my bag. Reading and writing have always been my favorite hobby. It's just so fascinating and interesting. The books I brought are the only ones left I had on bookshelf that I haven't read 40 million times. Sure I've read some of them a few times but not as much as Finders Keepers by Stephen King.
"Hey, dinner's ready come downstairs and eat." Carter said as she walks in, her thin fingers intertwined with each other. I nodded and put the last two books on the bed. We walked down stairs together and she led me to the dining room table where Anna and my father sat waiting.
"Please sit, I've made chicken and beef stew." Anna smiled.
I sat down and stared at the infectious, salty diabetes that sat in front of me.
"I'm vegan, I can't eat this." I lied. I love meat but this looks like if I eat it I'm gonna get harpies. Anna put her fork down on the table as he stood up grabbing my bowl.
"You don't have to do that," my dad said grabbing her wrist. "He's living in this house, he can learn to like the magnificent food you cook for us."
I glared at him and he smirked. Fuckin rapist.

Words: 642

Oo yes the angst. Also you most likely get the "Jungshook" thing unless you like k pop. You'll get to figure out how much of a freak I am over k pop, it's scary. -_KT_- knows about how bad it is😂. Anyway, I hope you have a good day/night!💕
-Napkinlord