7

First Person POV

"You needed me?" Alexander said as he walked in and glanced at me.
"Yes, this is your last year here, you must certainly know your way around." Mrs. Stones said smiling. Alexander nodded and gave me a quick grin before extending his beautifully built hand.
"I'm Alexander Jones, but you can call me Alex. And you?" I shook his hand softly.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Brody I'd rather you call me D." I smiled. An actual smile. Maybe even blushing? Ah fuck, that's right, I'm gayer than a rainbow. He smiled and let go of my hand and Mrs. Stones handed me a paper with my schedule on it.
"All the classes are mixed up with different grades so don't be alarmed when you walk in and have freshmen walking around cluelessly." Mrs. Stones said slightly monotone. We nodded and left her office.
"So, tell me about yourself." Alex said while taking the paper from my hands to look at where we're going first.
"Well, I moved here from Washington to live with my dad, his wife, daughter, and new son I never knew about." I huffed.
"Sounds hard, sorry to hear that," he hesitated.
"If you don't mind me asking, why did you move in with your dad? You talk about him and his family like you hate them."
"That's cause I do," we had stopped in the middle of the hallway.
"I moved cause my mom, well. She was diagnosed with depression a good," I paused to think.
"Maybe 7 years ago. Let's just say she had an argument and the words got to her." My hands were digging into my skin.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked." Alex looked at me with a sorrowful look. I smiled to reassure him that it was fine and I spoke again,
"Don't worry about it, she may have done a few things she really shouldn't have but she was a great mom. Her being dead also gives me a chance to be a different person."
We started walking again.

By the time Alex finished giving me a tour it was about 11:30-ish. Alex and I shared the same class at that time and two classes after. Our schedules were almost the same except for our 2nd period. Other than that we would be with each other all day. This really relieved me cause now I don't have to necessarily worry about making friends. When we walked in a few people looked at me. Some smiles and some gave me a bitch glare. I sat down and the teacher looked at me a few times while giving out instructions. When she stopped talking she motioned me to get up in front of the class. I did and as I stood up she started talking again.
"I almost forgot to mention that we have a new student joining us today." She smiled a cocky smile.
"Please introduce yourself to us." She stepped aside and I looked around at everyone before starting to speak.
"Uh, hi..? My names Brody but call me D,"
A few kids laughed and that seemed to have triggered something in me.
"I'm sorry, there something funny you'd like to tell me?" I glared at a small group seated in on the left side close to the back of the room. They shook their heads and I smirked.
"I think my name is all you need to know." I rolled my eyes and walked back to my seat as ms-whoever took over. Little did I know, that group would be a pain in the ass.

Words: 607