4

First person POV

I gave Anna a bitch smile and rolled my eyes. She looked down at her feet and for a moment I felt bad. The moment melted away fast.
"Brody-"
"Fucking call me D." I was getting pissed. My father looked at me for a few seconds.
"Pretty boy."
I shot my gaze at him and for a second I thought i was going to jab my fork into his larynx. Anna and Carter looked around confused. I stood up and violently stabbed the table with my fork and walked away. There was a huge lump in my throat. Why would he say that? I ran upstairs and hid in the bathroom. I want to die. I silently sobbed waiting till I would slowly drift to sleep. It never happened. Someone knocked.
"Are you okay?" Carter asked with concern in her voice.
"Yeah I'm great." I managed to choke out. I heard her sigh and she sat on the other side of the door, leaning her head up against it for support.
"My father died a few years back. I thought that was the end. I started hurting myself and my mom took me to see a therapist and after a few months things started to get better." She spoke so quietly I almost couldn't hear her.
"Why are you telling me this?" I said in an exhausted tone.
"Because I've been through this just like you are now."
"No you fucking haven't. My mom dies, I have to come to this shit town and live in your shit house, now my dad called me 'pretty boy' which right now is really not the best time." I'm tired of everyone and everything. I really need a shot.

Carter got up and left after a while. I sat there staring at the wall again. My eyes started to burn again and I quickly dug my nails into the palm of my hand trying to distract myself from crying again. I slowly stood up and left the bathroom. Pictures of Carter and her father were hung on walls, placed on tables, some even wedged in between the frames of mirrors. They look happy. I guess I was smiling, Carter came in and stared at me for a bit.
"What's so interesting?" She sounds annoyed. I shook my head.
"Nothing," I hesitated.
"Please don't talk to me about your father. Cause I honestly don't give a rats ass." I looked at her, my face emotionless. She was caught off guard at first then she nodded softly and sat on her bed. There were two beds in the room. Mine of which was the smaller but it worked out fine. I grabbed my phone and put my earbuds in.
I am damaged.
Far too damaged.
But you're not beyond repair. . .
(A/n: if you know where this reference is from, ily❤️)
I closed my eyes and slowly drifted to sleep. A good sleep. Something I haven't had in god knows how long. But of course with every sunset comes a fucking sunrise.

Words: 512

Oo yes, hello hello. Sorry it's been a few days since my last chapter😭. You probably don't care but I'm trying! I'll most likely either have the next chapter up tomorrow or the next day. NO PROMISES THO! Anyway, I hope you have a good day/night!💕
-Napkinlord