Chapter 22: She was worth the wait

QOTD:
"Just because your garbage doesn't mean you can't do great things, it's garbage can not garbage cannot, remember that"

✕♛✕♕✕
Chapter twenty two
She was worth the wait
✕♛✕♕✕

"HOLY SH-"

"NO SWEARING, YOU'VE BEEN OUT LIKE A LIGHT BULB FOR 5 HOURS AND SLEPT THROUGH THE ENTIRE DAY!" Alya screeched in Marinette's ear, Nino and I look at each other. I've heard how long Marinette and Alya's friendship as lasted, it was probably one of those rare friendships that will still be alive running after highschool.

When I was young I'd thought the same thing would happen for  and I..

My life was golden, as golden as my hair some would say. Today was my birthday! For me I was a Halloween baby, October 31st (I fucked up the dates here his birthday IS THE 31st I'm sorry hehe..). My parents were holding a party for me and today I was going to see Marinette again! Marinette went to China for a grand reunion. She was gone for a few weeks and I really missed her.

I really liked her..company, and her toothy smile. She was going to be my best friend my forever!

It was a dream and a wish I held dearly, but events happened and that dream was crushed in the palms of my tiny fists, shattering it like a broken mirror.

I blanked out of The Marilya conversation (Marinette and Alya, apparently they do the same thing with our names, I think it was like Adrino)

I noticed Marinette with a smug face, "Okay okay, I'm sorry" she pulled herself up and walked over to the door, I assumed she was going to get her bunny slippers but nope. She replied with a "not" and was booking it down the hallway, barefoot mind you.

Alya screeched in protest and ran after her, I glanced at Nino who was already chasing his psychotic girlfriend out the school doors. I shrug unconsciously, closed the door and went on a light jog after them, when I reached the front of our beloved school I saw locks of midnight blue hair glistening in the suns rays.

"Where is she?! I'm going to take her macaroons!"

"Alya chill, I'm sure Adrien can go find her, you've been screaming so much I can't believe your voice isn't gone yet"

"But-"

"No buts, the only but here is yours walking back to the dorm, while I admire it from behind"

Boy, I knew Nino was in deep shit when he said that, and as expected Alya's hand came into pyshical contact to Nino's cheek. I grabbed Alya and pulled her away from Nino letting her calm down,

I sighed before releasing Alya from my grasp before she quote on quote 'claw my eyes out', "You two go back I'll just stay out here for awhile"

Nino gave me a salute while Alya stormed off saying a string of profanities, which are probably best not mention. I make my way towards Marinette who was sitting against the oak wood tree with orange and yellow leaves flying off with the wind.

Almost like those scenes with cherry blossoms and the protagonist talking to their crush in anime!

"Awh bugaboo I missed you" I cooed, in fact I did as cheesey as that sounds, I missed her company in since first grade. The only times she would talk to me was after I said some cocky shit, then firing back with an equal amount of confidence.