Chapter 32 Part I

Scarlett

"I'm going to regret this."

I look over at the large black box, wrapped in an orange bow perched on my desktop.

"Leave it to Angel to fuck me over from over 200 miles away," I mumble under my breath, although no one is in my room to hear me. I could shout it from the roof of the building and no one on the entire campus would hear me. It's Halloween so naturally, everyone is out getting drunk or at Lucas' party (the party I'm trying to avoid) getting drunk. I'm probably the only person on campus besides the cleaning staff not using the holiday as an excuse to dress up as a slutty nurse and down enough shots to kill an elephant.

I'm sure I sound like a prude but I've always hated Halloween. I hate being scared, so it's a no-brainer that I would hate the day solely dedicated to scaring people shitless. After the events 2 years ago, my hatred towards Halloween increased tenfold. Now I'll do anything in my power to avoid being out when the devil himself is allowed to roam.

When Lucas asked me if I was coming to his party I said yes. Why I said yes when I had no intention to do so is beyond me. Actually, I know why. It's because I was still drunk off his lips. Once that haziness cleared, however, I was back to hating the holiday, and especially hating the idea of going to a Halloween party when I would rather lay in my bed and eat pop tarts until I slip into a sugar-induced coma.

My plan was to just not show up and hope he doesn't notice my absence. I even went out and bought a few boxes of the cupcake flavored Poptarts for the coma. Unfortunately for me, I let my plans slip to Angel, who loves Halloween almost as much as he loves parties. I tried to come up with every excuse imaginable from having an assignment due Monday, to being sick, to not having a costume and of course, Angel was able to discredit every single one, especially the costume excuse.

Which brings me to now. Angel took the liberty of buying and sending me a costume so I could go to Lucas' party. The thing about Angel is that he's always been wild. He's the "down for a good time even if it's illegal" best friend. Don't get me wrong, I was the same way a few months ago, but I've changed. Angel, however, is as wild as he was when we first met which means that anything could be in this box. I stare down the box willing myself to see through. What the hell did you send me Angel?

A slight vibration brings me out of my thoughts, alerting me to a new message.

Please don't be Lucas. Please don't be Lucas. Please -

Angel: Open up the box bitch and go have fun bc I will drive the two hours just to beat your ass if you don't send me smoking hot pics of you getting turnt as this party.

Typical Angel. Using threats to motivate me to do things. I roll my eyes at the message and decide to just go for it. Who knows maybe I'll actually enjoy myself for once. 

---------------------

Ahhhh I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in almost a month! With scholarships, and college acceptance and everything that goes along with senior year, I've been swamped. Thank god Spring Break starts for me today. Expect a flooding of chapters the next few days!