Chapter 30: After The Worst

Marcel hung up his phone and took a careful look of the youngest member of Mikaelson family, who rested in a basket next to him. The baby stared at him back, his small mouth tightly shut and an alarmed look in his eyes.

"You do have your father's eyes." Marcel muttered. "But are you also as sneeky and manipulative as him? I better watch you out." He laughed softly.

Lucas blinked but his expression stayed the same.

"Tough little fellow, aren't you?" Marcel said and took Lucas in his arms. "I heard that you actually bite one of my guys, while they were taking you from that hot baby sitter of yours. She's dead by now, I'm sure of it. But you still have you mommy, except not for long." He snickered and put Lucas back into the basket.

"Your mommy and daddy pulled a little trick on me... Luckily you came along." Marcel muttered and smiled. He bend down to point the baby with his finger. "Don't worry kid, I'm not going to hurt particularly you. Instead I'm going to bury your mother and father and uncle and aunt in my garden, to teach them a lesson. They are going to rot in there while you get to grow up without knowing that they even exist, just like Davina did. How do you like that?" Marcel purred. "That reminded me that I have to deal with the witches asap." He said absent-mindedly.

In a very short moment Lucas had snapped his tiny baby teeth into Marcel's index finger.

"Aww... poor baby." Marcel laughed. " Is that all you got?" He shaked Lucas off. "Oh, you managed to make a cut. Good boy." Marcel continued sarcastically when he saw there was one drop of blood coming out his fingertip. "Maybe when you're little older,  I teach you how to bite properly."

------------

"You don't expect me to just sit around and wait for orders from that coward, do you?!" Klaus raged silently which was much scarier than his normal, lash-out raging.

"We need to think abut what is best for Lucas." Elijah muttered with a serious tone while taking care of Katherine. "We can plan, but not act until the time is completely precise."

"I'm going to strangle that little twat..." Rebekah said between her teeth. "I'm going to make him suffer a life time when I get him into my hands."

"Not if I get him first." Klaus growled and punched a coffee table into pieces.

"No." Caroline said so quietly that the rest of the crowd nearly missed her speaking. She was sitting in an armchair in the corner, her head slightly tilted down so her face was covered with her hair that had fallen out from her hairdo. With the dramatic black dress, her whole figure was out of this world.

"What did you say, love?" Klaus questioned.

Everyone turned their eyes to Caroline.

"I. Said. No." Caroline dropped the words one by one in a tone which was completely unfamiliar to everyone. "If anyone is going to make Marcel pay, it's going to be me. No one else, me." She said as she tood up and let her eyes to meet with everyone else's in the room. Last one was Klaus. "Understood?" She confirmed.

In all his rage Klaus couldn't help but admire how Caroline looked in that very moment. Her eyes were burning of silent rage yet she was posturing as graceful as a Greek goddess. Her angelic face with full of determination to destroy anyone who ever hurt her child. Klaus stepped forward to face his angel of death and destruction and cupped her face gently.

"I will do anything in my power to bring Marcel to you on a silver plate. I will bring him to you and then he is all yours." Klaus said without blinking an eye. "I'll promise this to you, my love."

Klaus let his hands drop down to take Caroline's hands into his own. They both knew that this wasn't the time for passionate kisses or anything else for that matter. But this small gesture unified them as a team. Caroline knew that Klaus would let her deal with Marcel by herself.

"Good." Caroline whispered. "Until that,  we'll wait." She said and left the room to change. Klaus followed in her steps.

Rebekah shook her head in frustration and stormed out the room too.

"Wow." Katherine whispered to Elijah. "I've never thought that it could really happen, that Klaus would back down from delivering his revenge by his own hands..." She coughed.

"Well, you see, deep down my brother is a romantic after all." Elijah joked dryishly.

"And Blondie has definetely joined the team Mikaelson in the dark side." Katherine added.

---------------------

"Klaus, my boy." Marcel purred on the phone next morning. "I want to offer you a drink. Actually, I want to treat all of you guys... Your brother Elijah and sister Rebekah... and sweet Caroline of course. There will a delivery for you in a half an hour. You do not harm the guy I sent, is that clear? Well, enjoy!" He said and hung up before Klaus said anything.

"Diego!" Marcel shouted. "Prepare three bottles of vervained water and one bottle with vervain AND wolfsbane and sent them to our beloved Original family."

"Yes, Marcel." Diego nodded and scratched his left forearm before leaving the room.

Marcel lifted his feet on his desk and rubbed his fingers together. Lucas was in a sitter Marcel had got for him on the desk.

"Your family is going to have fun emptying those bottles." Marcel laughed. "All those burning sensations... going down their throats. Have you tried?" He said and stood up.

Marcel headed to the window of his office. There was a small vase with some herbs. Marcel picked one flowering herbs from  the vase and rolled it slowly between his fingers. "It's an old habit, to have some wolfsbane in my office. Years and years ago we had a little werewolf problem in the city... Not anymore and soon your family will be history too." Marcel chuckled and walked back to the dress.

"Here, try some. It may be a bit tingly." Marcel caressed Lucas' cheek with wolfsbane.

Lucas cried out loud when the herb touched his skin. It left light pink burns in his skin for few seconds, but he healed right after. Lucas waved his arms to get the herb away from his face.

"That's enough for now." Marcel said. "You have spunk. I don't want you to. I'm going to root that out from you."

----------------------

"Wine bottles?" Rebekah asked. "Is this some kind of a joke?"

"No. Here is one for each." Diego smirked. "Bottoms up! " Then he flashed away.

"Elijah..." Rebekah eyed the bottles... "Me, Klaus and Caroline." She sighed and rolled them all in.

"Bottles. Full of vervained water and a special mix for you, Nik." Rebekah said and placed the bottles on the kitchen isle.

"One bottle for each... Shouldn't be that bad." Elijah measured.

"Here's a message." Rebekah sighed. "My dear Original family. And Caroline. First of all, best wishes from Lucas. He's one adorable little man. Fascinating how fast kids grow... Small changes every day."

"Oh now he's just twisting the knife..." Klaus growled.

"Anyway, to the point. You all are on a special 'cleansing' diet from now on. Next delivery will come at noon. Better finish those drinks before that. And no cheating! or there will be consequences!" Rebekah finished.

"Better start drinking." Caroline said and grabbed her own bottle.