Chapter 16: Rising From The Dead

Caroline had called Klaus, who had called Elijah, who arranged quickly a meeting with the witches. The two vampires and a hybrid invited the witches to Elijah's, since it was an urgent situation. Caroline kept eyeing the clock on the wall, inpatient of waiting for the witches.  

"Why is it that everytime you wish that time would go faster, instead it goes slower?" Caroline asked Klaus while they were sitting on the sofa. She leaned her head on Klaus' s shoulder and gave out a deep sigh.  

"I don't know love. Perhaps for the same reason time will fly while you're wishing some moment would last forever." Klaus murmured quietly and the lowered his voice even more. "For example, the last time when you were doing your magic in the bedroom..."  

"Klaus!" Caroline giggled and punched him gently to the chest. "We're about have a serious meeting... How do you think I'm supposed to act decently, when all I can think about now is you and your gorgeous body, completely under my control?"  

"I'm counting on your self-possesion, love." Klaus chuckled and Caroline punched him again. "You are so easy to tease, you know?." Klaus grinned mischievously and placed a quick kiss on Caroline's cheek.  

Soon came Sophie with Royce and Henrietta, all looking very dim. Especially Henrietta. The atmosphere had turned to more serious. Caroline separated from Klaus and went to hug Henrietta. Caroline knew that she needed one.  

"Remember the night me and my mother were at your place?" Henrietta cried on Caroline's shoulder. "While back home we ran into some of Marcel's nightwalkers. They tried to attack me and my baby... And mom had to use magic to save me. Now she's missing and we can't find her since we can't cast a locator spell." Henrietta sobbed. "Even if she's dead, we need to find her so she can rest in peace."  

Caroline pondered how much she should tell about Hazel's faith. She cleared her throat and said: "I'm so sorry, Henrietta. Your mother is dead. We saw how Marcel executed her." Caroline felt tears burning in her eyes.

"No!" Henrietta cried out and took a step back. "How did she die?"  

"There is no point of going into details..." Caroline hesitated.  

"HOW DID SHE DIE?!" Henrietta yelled tears floading from her eyes.  

"Henrietta, calm down." Royce said firmly. "Think about your child."  

Caroline was shaking. She knew she wasn't able to tell Henrietta about Hazel. Klaus noticed Caroline's trouble and secretly took her hand in his own. Caroline flinched at first but then squeezed Klaus's hand hard.  

Elijah stepped forward and told the witches what had happened to Hazel at the Halloween Party. The witches were all in disguise afterwards. Sophie and Henrietta oathed revenge on Marcel but Royce stayed silent. Elijah stayed silent too after his explanation. No one but Klaus noticed that his brother and Royce were having one of their secret mental discussions.  

"You say that you are able to spy on Marcel?" Royce croaked finally. "Where are those spies?"  

"They are here." Elijah confirmed. "Kol, Bonnie, please show yourselves."

Kol and Bonnie appeared hand in hand. Klaus caught Kol's eyes and raised on of his eyebrows questioning. Kol answered with a foxy smirk. Klaus grinned secretly to his little brother.  

"Ghosts?" Royce asked impressed.  

"Let me introduce my brother Kol and this lovely lady next to him is Bonnie Bennet." Elijah introduced them to the three witches.  

"A Bennet witch!" Sophie whispered. "My respect." She bowed a little and so did Royce and Henrietta.  

Bonnie was confused about her family's fame amongst the other witches so she started to explain what they had seen and found out. Kol threw mischievous comments once in a while and few times they dissappeared to argue. However, every time they came back Bonnie was blushing and Kol smirking more and more. Finally they got in the end of their exploration.  

"Tell me if I understood this correctly? Marcel's way of controlling the other witches is this young, yet powerful... Girl?" Elijah asked.  

"Yes. I believe she's very powerful and clearly under Marcel's spell." Bonnie confirmed.  

"I would like to emphasize the part 'under Marcel' particularly." Kol smirked devilishly.  

All sighed in frustration,  except Klaus who gave out a little chuckle. Caroline looked at Klaus with her eyes narrowed, so he pulled himself together but gave Kol an amused look.  

"How many guards are there then?" Elijah asked.  

"This time, none. I bet it has something to do with their little love games." Kol taunted.  

"Kol, please, enough of your pesky little comments." Elijah reproached his little brother. "Do you have any idea of the guards in general?"  

"I think there might be just one on the door." Caroline pondered. "Remember, the Halloween Party? We saw her there. She told Marcel she had knocked some guy down and mentioned no one else."  

"True." Elijah agreed. "We could assume at least one guard, but we should be prepared for more."  

"Were you able to get her name?" Sophie questioned from Bonnie and Kol.  

"Yes." Bonnie said. "It's Davina."  

"No." Royce said immediately. "It can't be.  

Everyone turned to face Royce. He was breathing heavily a disbelieving look on his face.  

"It can't be." He repeated. "It's not possible."  

"What's not possible?" Sophie asked Royce. "Royce, what's the matter?"  

"Her. Davina supposed to be dead." Royce went all pale.  

"Excuse me, but do you know this girl?" Elijah was suspicious.  

"If it really is her... Then yes." Royce's voice cracked.  

"Who is she?" Elijah was eager to know, as were all the rest too.  

"Davina..." Royce's voice was heavily shaking. "She's my daughter."

Author's Note: So how did you liked this chapter? What part particularly? In your mind, which actor do you think portrays Royce? I've been thinking of Jeremy Irons. Thank you for all your votes and comments and followings! They mean so much for me!

Now back to my breakfast, some mashed potatoes and bacon, yammy! :)