Chapter 10: Daggers To My Heart

"Bonnie, I need your help. Please call me as soon as you can!" Caroline said on her phone and then hung up.

"I left her a voicemail." She sighed to Klaus.  

"I'm sure that she'll contact you as soon as she can." Klaus ensured and draw Caroline into his arms.  

"She has to." Caroline murmured, "I haven't heard of her since Gratuation. First she was in Europe and then I got here... So much has happened since we talked last time."  

"Well, you have a lot to tell, then." Klaus said and caressed Caroline's hair.  

"Now I'm scared."  

"How come?"  

"Seriously?" Caroline leaned back a little and looked at Klaus, "You really need to ask? You're not exactly one of Bonnie's favourite persons, you know?"  

"I guess I'm not. But I don't need to be."  

"What?!"  

"Yes, love?"  

"How can you say that?"  

"I'm used to being despised by most of the witches, love. I don't care as long as she helps you."  

"But I don't want her to despise you!!!" Caroline cried out. "Yes, she has very strong opinions about you, and you haven't been exactly helping to think otherwise, but she... None of my friends knows you the way I know you... Or I hope that I know at least something about you."  

"You don't think you know me, do you, love?" Klaus held Caroline a little tighter.  

"Well, you have had a thousand years to build quite a personality."  

"When I'm with you... You reach the most inner part of me, Caroline." Klaus whispered seriously. "No one else has deserved to see that part of me, except you my love. No one else has forced their way through my barriers, broken into my heart and soul, like you have. That's why you know me differently than others. You're the light in my life."  

Caroline blushed deep-red and looked down and muttered something so quietly that even Klaus couldn't hear her.  

"Sorry, love, what did you say?" He asked quietly.  

"I said, 'I can't say anything like that to you'..." Caroline muttered little louder. "I just... I just can't. I don't know how to express myself, how to tell you how I feel about you... At least not the way like you do..."  

"And what way is that, love?"  

"Epic."  

Klaus chuckled and leaned his forehead to Caroline's. "And your style is...?"  

"Not as neat. I can't say really nice things to you. It is more of insulting most of the time."  

"That's true, love. Your words are usually daggers to my heart." Klaus grinned and made Caroline giggle.  

"I love you." She said.  

Klaus's grin widened even more as he said. "See, love? You can say nice things to me after all."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Bonnie, what the heck? Have I done something wrong, since you don't call me back?!" Caroline huffed. "Because I have no idea and I can't fix it if I don't know! Please call me, I beg you!"  

Caroline had tried to call Bonnie several times by the next afternoon. It was so weird that Bonnie didn't call back. Caroline thought about many options, why?

"Has Elena told her about Klaus? Of course she has, why else I would have stayed and moved here." Caroline talked to herself. "Is this her way to say that she doesn't approve this. But she hasn't even met Lucas!"

Caroline put her phone back to her bag and tried to concentrate to her school work. It was a waste of time since her mind kept going and going. Caroline got so frustrated that she couldn't continue do she went to the kitchen to make some tea and warm a bottle to Lucas. While the rea water was boiling, Caroline fed Lucas and held him in her arms. He was stressed also and Caroline remembered what Hazel had said. She felt the tears burning in her eyes.  

She cried and Lucas did too. All the grief came out and Lucas' s cry emphasized the whole misery even more. There they were, mother and son, weeping together.  

After a while they both started to calm down and at least Caroline felt little bit better after her break down. Lucas just turned drowsy, but Caroline thought that maybe he was feeling a little bit better too. Caroline went to put Lucas to bed and then she came back to the kitchen and had her tea.  

Caroline stepped to the living room, slumped on the sofa and tucked herself in with a soft woolen planket. She drank her tea slowly and cherished the memory of Hazel. She also promised to Hazel and to herself that in the end Marcel would pay for everything he's done.   Caroline had just finished her tea and she rose up to go back to the kitchen, when she heard that there was someone by the door. Elijah had came home, but he had company with him.  

Caroline's eyes widened since she recognised the visitor.  

"Jeremy, what are you doing here?"

Author's Note: Hey you all! What's on your mind after this chapter? Please, don't save your words but comment and give me feedback. It really helps me to become a better writer :)

XOXO,  Sophie_Juniper