The Hunger Games: A Deadly Game

When you are forced to do something, you don’t want to do it. When you are about to die, you are prepared. If you make friends, you won’t be able to cope with their death. Can you survive the brutal deadly game that is The Hunger Games?

          From the ruins of a land once known as North America lies the nation of Panem. The Districts rebelled against the Capitol, this causing the Hunger Games. Though the rebels have tried again and won, ending the Games, but this victory was short lived as the Capitol became powerful again and the Hunger Games rose once more. 12 remaining Districts, 24 tributes, 12 boys and 12 girls from the ages of 12-18 are forced to fight to the death in the annual Hunger Games every year on live television and only one tribute comes out alive.

          Katiana Moon, age 16 from District 10 and Natalie Mason, age 13 from District 11 are chosen to compete in the 178th Annual Hunger Games along with Trevor Hawthorn, age 17 from District 10 and Griffin Peterson, age 16 from District 11.

          Katiana Moon is a poor girl living on the farm lands in District 10 with her mother, Prim, her 18 year old older sister and four younger siblings Benny, age 15, Clove, age 14, Zech, age 12 and Cato, age 9. Hardly any time for school, Katiana works her days on the farm with the animals and killing some secretly with her sister Prim for food. She is very caring loves the people around her. She also loves her family more than anything. But when her younger sister, Clove, is called for the Games, Katiana will know that her life will not be the same as she steps in to replace her sister, risking her own life to save another.

          Natalie Mason is a poor girl who lives on a farm in District 11 with her father and older sister, Samantha, age 18. Natalie is a sweet girl who loves the outdoors and cares for everyone. Even if she's the youngest in the family, she takes care of her father and sister, hunting and providing the food for her family. It may be strange that Samantha doesn't care for the family, although she does the cooking for the meals that Natalie brings home. Natalie, being the bright and sunny girl that she is, absolutely hates the idea of fighting, but she doesn't really have much of a choice when she is chosen to fight to the death in the 178th annual Hunger Games.

          Katiana and Natalie become good friends along with their District partners, Trevor and Griffin. Always sticking together during the Games, they don’t back down or give up. But as things begin to get out of hand, they start to turn on each other as the number of players in the Games lowers. Sometimes it’s better to stay away from people in the Games other than sticking together as it all comes down to one final winner.

                                        When you think about death, you grow terrified.

                               When you are about to die, you become brave and prepared.

                                        But trying to be brave isn’t the best sometimes.

                           Sometimes you just have to let go and deal with what’s ahead in life.

                                                   Winning means fame and fortune.

                                                      Losing means a certain death.

                                                   The Hunger Games Have Begun…