Objection

"I know the extent of the power of love. I've witnessed how it brought worlds together but I've also seen its destruction. I've felt how it tore destinies apart." Her heart was breaking as she held on to her luggage. This was it. This was as far as her hard head and stubborn heart could take her. "I don't blame you, Keira. I only blame myself for not being enough for my mate. I love him and I cannot bring myself to stay and watch him love you and suffer for it."

With that, the female left and never looked back again.

-------------------------------------------------- 

Brian reluctantly followed the she-wolf to the guest house where Sebastian had specified him to stay. It was a few houses down from the pack house and Brian didn't like it. The alpha male was sure putting as much distance as possible between him and Keira. But Brian knew he didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Sebastian has more authority than he liked.

Alana stopped in front of the door then opened it for Brian. "This will be your room for the duration of your stay here. I advise you do not leave the room without notice. You may take the time to rest for now. I will pick you up for dinner." The she-wolf, Alana, instructed Brian not even batting an eyelid before finally leaving the human to himself.

Brian stepped into the guest house which was more of a cabin. There was a small dining table to the corner on the left. A grey carpet decorated the floor and a matching couch was pressed on the wall dividing the small living room and the bedroom. To his right was another door which he guessed was the bathroom.

Brian walked into the bedroom then threw his bag on the bed. He plopped down face first on the soft mattress, muffling a groan of irritation. He knew he couldn't go straight and talk to Keira. Yet he didn't expect another obstacle called Sebastian would add to his problems.

Meanwhile, Keira had just arrived at the pack house from her little trip to the woods. She went straight to her office to do some paperwork only to find Sebastian sitting comfortably on one of the couches. 

"Finally! I thought I was gonna grow roots here waiting for you." The red haired male said enthusiastically. He stood up then walked towards Keira with a huge grin.

"Sean, I know that face. Whatever it is you're planning, I suggest you don't follow through." Keira said full of annoyance. Sean may seem responsible and scary to the whole pack but Keira knew better. He was immature and a certified troublemaker. 

"I didn't do anything." Sebastian raised both his hand in surrender but the playful glint in his eyes remain. Keira glared at the alpha male then walked to her desk. She leaned on the table then crossed her arms all the while with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay! Okay! I'll tell you now. Just stop shooting me with laser beams from your eyes." Sebastian walked towards Keira, stopping just a few inches short from Keira's face. They were so close that anyone who would barge in right now would get a different idea. "He's here. He came back for you."

Keira's hard expression crumbled for a few seconds before she replaced it with her usual stoic expression. "So? Send him away." Keira moved past Sebastian then walked behind her desk.

"About that, I had him stay at one of the farthest guest house from here." Sebastian said as he scratched the back of his head. "I mean, I didn't think it would bother you so much if he's here for the celebration tonight."

"You know what? Sometimes I just hate you so much, I want to strangle you." Keira said in deadpan tone as she picked up a folder. She forcefully opened it ripping the cover apart.

Sebastian let out a chuckle before saying, "I feel the love" with a wink. Then finally the male walked out of the room.

The sun was already setting when Brian woke up. He sat up straight then looked around the room. It wasn't his room. Then he remembered, he was at the Royal Moon Pack. He swung his leg to the side of the bed then stood up. He walked straight to the bathroom deciding on a quick shower. Once the cold water hit his skin, his mind started drifting to those thoughts again.

Brian knew he was a mere human. He could get himself easily killed in this place. But he liked to believe that he wasn't weak. He wanted to be strong enough to fight for what he wants... Keira. After a few minutes under the shower, he finally stepped out then dried himself. He changed into a pair of jeans and a grey v-neck shirt.

A soft knock was heard from the door a few moments later. Brian opened it up to find the same she-wolf, Alana, informing him that dinner will be served in fifteen. The raven-haired male locked the door behind him then walked towards the pack house.

Eyes turned to Brian's direction when he stepped into the patio. Everyone fell silent as they scrutinize the newcomer. Brian, though uncomfortable, made his way to an empty seat nearest the head table. Once he was seated, all activity resumed in the room. It was almost comical and Brian would have laughed in normal circumstances. But everything in that moment was not even near normal.

Keira and Sebastian arrived side by side, not a few minutes later. They sat exactly where Brian thought they would. Everyone else bowed in the direction of the two before finally sitting down. When everyone was settled, Keira gave a small nod to Sebastian and the latter stood up. "Wolves of the Royal Moon Pack and West Winds, we have gathered tonight in celebration of our, Keira and I's, betrothal. In the coming full moon, we shall be mated and our packs will be united as one." Sebastian looked down at the still seated Keira. The alpha male offered the latter his hand to which Keira took willingly. They each picked up a glass then raised it to the air. Sebastian's voice was loud and clear as he proposed a toast, "To a stronger and more united pack!" 

Brian remained the only one seated as the crowd stood up and in turn said, "To our Alpha and Luna!" But before anyone can take a sip from their drinks Brian stood up abruptly. His chair fell to the ground and his fists slammed on the table.

All eyes on Brian as the raven-haired male walked to the center. Disgust and horrified looks were thrown in his direction bet he didn't falter. "I object to this! I am Keira's true and destined mate!"

A number of male werewolves stepped up and began surrounding Brian, ready to seize him and throw him to the dungeons. Alarm flashed in her Keira's eyes and Sebastian did not miss this. The latter raised a hand, halting the warriors and with a subtle grin on his face, Sebastian set down his glass. "Very well." 

There was a pause and heavy anticipation hung in the air as everyone waited for the next words Sebastian will say. "If you wish for it so much, I accept your challenge." There were hushed whispers among the crowd. "On the third night from now, we shall duel against each other for the right to stand at Keira's side."

Brian's eyes met Keira's and the former instantly felt that much wanted connection. He had only lived eighteen years but it was long enough for him to know that what they shared couldn't be replicated with anyone else. He could succumb to his fears and still come right back here. With a look of pure determination, Brian answered, "So be it."