Chapter Thirty One

"What does one wear to an album release party?"  Mia thought out loud to herself while she and Samantha weaved in and out of racks of clothing. 

Samantha, while calm, was also nervous.  Mia could tell by the way she chewed on the inside of her lip.  She was narrowing her eyes as she would pull a dress out, make a face and then put it back where she found it. 

"I don't know."  Samantha answered, "Did he invite you too?"

"He did.  But there's no way in hell I'm going."

"Why not?"
"Talk about a fish out of water.  I wouldn't know the first thing about those people."

Samantha sighed as she pulled out another dress.  She blinked at it a few times and then put it back,

"There's no way I am going to find anything appropriate at a department store."

Mia nodded,

"Probably not."
Samantha's hands dug into her hips as her eyes darted across all the racks,

"So what do I do?  Go naked?"

Mia's eyebrows quirked as she laughed,

"He'd probably enjoy that."

Samantha shook her head,

"Maybe we should try-"  She stopped just then, her eyes falling on a little black dress that was simple but if she did her hair and makeup and wore some jewelry it might work.  She ignored Mia's questions and breezed right past her, her hands reaching out for the dress as she got closer.  Samantha nodded, "This..."  She said as she held it up to herself, "With my red strappy shoes.  I could get my hair and makeup done...WE could get our hair and makeup done."

"I told you I wasn't going."

"You sure as hell are."  Samantha answered, "Call Steve and ask if he'll be your date."
Mia shot her a dirty look,

"Hilarious.  I have someone I can ask.  Fine, I'll go.  Try that on and I'll find something for me."

Samantha trotted off to the fitting room.  She might be the first woman on Harry Styles arm to be at a major event with him and have a dress on that cost less than $100.

-------------------

Samantha tossed her jacket against Harry's couch while she reached down to scratch Rufus' ears and carted her things into the kitchen.  Harry walked in from the bedroom, tucking and untucking his shirt,

"How does this look?"  He asked.

Samantha turned to look at him,

"Looks fine...untucked." 

Harry quickly untucked the shirt. 

It was Anne's birthday party tonight.  In 30 minutes they would be headed out to one of the fanciest restaurants in town.  Harry had actually been heavily involved in the planning of this party, going so far as to even call and reserve the restaurant himself.  Samantha giggled when she heard the hostess scream her face off when he introduced himself.  Clear as a bell, her scream rang through the phone.  Harry shook his head and tried as best he could to get through the conversation without upsetting her further.

Samantha opened the back door to let Rufus out.  She turned back to Harry once the dog was outside,

"Am I allowed to ask how old she is?"

"50."  Harry answered as he tucked his shirt in again.

Samantha's eyes widened,

"Shit, I hope I look that amazing when I'm 50."  She shook her head, walking over to him as she reached out to untuck his shirt, "It looks better, trust me."